Can't start CMS (SOLVED)

reserv888reserv888 Posts: 1,140

Suddenly Smart Content is empty and I have instead a blue button - "Start CMS". I have pushed the button (several times) but nothing seems to happen.

I have tried to restart the CMS in other ways. No improvement.

I have tried to restart both DS and the computer to no avail.

Any ideas what I should do?

EDIT: When I try to login at DAZ (from DS) i get the attached error message.
I have tried to reinstall the PostgreSQL from DIM but I can't even uninstall it. (Nothing happens).

DS - Login.jpg
499 x 180 - 91K
Post edited by reserv888 on

Comments

• What security software are you using? Have you recently restored your system, or documents, from a back up?

• reserv888reserv888 Posts: 1,140

I am using Norton 360. As far as I can see, nothing DAZ related is blocked.
    No restoration made recently, appart from reinstallning DS (prompted by DS itself,
    after several crashes), but that was a few weeks ago and I use DS daily.

• joegerardijoegerardi Posts: 226
    edited March 2021

Assuming this is a Windows PC, can you open C:\Program Files> Applications> DAZ3D> 64 Bit> PostgreSQL CMS> Bin and manually run postgres.exe? You might have a problem with the service if DAZ was crashing.

Alternately, if that folder is not there, you should actually UNinstall DAZ, and then reinstall it, because overwriting bad files doesn't always work, and they remain bad.

..Joe

Post edited by joegerardi on
  • Did this start more or less immediately after the crashes? I wonder if one of those might have corrupted the database.

@joegerardi 
    Assuiming the file is named psql.exe I can run it, but nothing seems to happen (apart from a small black window appearing, and disappering after a few seconds.

@Richard Haseltine
    I have had a lot of crashes for some time. Then DS prompted me to reinstall (a couple of weeks ago). After that I have hade a couple of crashes but not nearly to the extent it was before.
    Lets assume the database is corrupted, what should I do?

Should be postgres.exe. If it's not there, then the container isn't right.

Additionally, in the Edit> Preferences> CMS Settings, do you have C:/DAZ 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/Content Database as your Cluster directory, and 1024 as your port?

..Joe

@joegerardi

Found it. Nothing happens when I try to run it though,

@joegerardi

Joe, you're a genius!

I didn't have that path, and I didn't have that port.
    Adjusted things according to your instructions and VOILA! Everything works!

Thanks!!

Glad to hear it!

..Joe