Black specks appearing on the exterior parts of certain hair styles in iray renders.

TheRendererTheRenderer Posts: 23

Black specks appearing on the exterior parts of certain hair styles in iray renders.
The title pretty much sums up the problem. I've been noticing this issue with a couple of hairstyles in my library whenever I use them in iray renders. The outer portions or strands if you will of the hair seem to have trouble rendering to completion and show up as black specks. I can touch up the renders in photoshop and remove the specks no problem but it is awfully time consuming to have to do it for each scene that I render and I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and/or found a solution to it.

I tried amplifying the render quality by a significant margin but that doesn't seem to have done much good.

Here's an attachment below to show you what's going on...

Mod Edit :- Please put your question in the post body and the title

hair issue.JPG
494 x 578 - 26K
Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

There's a problem with the current version of Iray that Nvidia has to fix.  In the meantime, what normally fixes this is reducing the Cutout Opacity for the affected objects from 1.0 to something like 0.99 in the Geometry section of the Surfaces tab.

• Yep! That seems to have fixed it! Thank you for saving me hours of time!