Daz studio default install: dzneuraymgr.cpp warning: could not add path

Daz studio default install: dzneuraymgr.cpp warning: could not add path

I have a default Daz Studio installed.
After starting Daz studio with a new empty scene in the log file I found the following warning:

WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(480): Could not add path: "C:/Users/username/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/shaders/iray". Due to unknown error -2

What does this warning mean?
In the /Studio4 folder there is a /shaders/iray folder, but it's not in the temp folder.

Is there a way to get rid of this warning?

The installed products are on the attached png.

default.install.PNG
558 x 494 - 37K

Comments

• Is it actually working? Note that a warning, while annoying, isn't necessarily an issue - if it was it would be marked error. A warning is soemthing that may be an issue or may not, so it is being flagged; if you are in fact having actual problems that seem related to this then it may be worth investigating but if not it can probably be ignored. I have the same in my log so I don't think it's an actual issue.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014
    edited March 2021

As far as I can remember, that line has been in every log that I have seen here on the forums and my own computer.

Edit; Tried adding it and it gets deleted when starting DS

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • FluxFlux Posts: 17

Richard Haseltine said:

Is it actually working? Note that a warning, while annoying, isn't necessarily an issue - if it was it would be marked error. A warning is soemthing that may be an issue or may not, so it is being flagged; if you are in fact having actual problems that seem related to this then it may be worth investigating but if not it can probably be ignored. I have the same in my log so I don't think it's an actual issue.

As I stated in the original post, the log is from an empty scene, nothing loaded. I believe it works otherwise, I'm starting with a fresh intsall, since the loading times were very high because of all the different morphs that must load with any new figure. But that's another story...

It's just when you want to troubleshoot some issue and you read the log file this warning is just an extra confusing line. I'm not saying it's an issue, but it is annoying.

That /temp/shaders/iray folder if you create it manually gets deleted when the program starts. It's a wide guess, but probably it's not in use.

I think it would be nice if they could solve this, so when you load an empty scene you don't get any warning.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

Flux said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Is it actually working? Note that a warning, while annoying, isn't necessarily an issue - if it was it would be marked error. A warning is soemthing that may be an issue or may not, so it is being flagged; if you are in fact having actual problems that seem related to this then it may be worth investigating but if not it can probably be ignored. I have the same in my log so I don't think it's an actual issue.

As I stated in the original post, the log is from an empty scene, nothing loaded. I believe it works otherwise, I'm starting with a fresh intsall, since the loading times were very high because of all the different morphs that must load with any new figure. But that's another story...

It's just when you want to troubleshoot some issue and you read the log file this warning is just an extra confusing line. I'm not saying it's an issue, but it is annoying.

That /temp/shaders/iray folder if you create it manually gets deleted when the program starts. It's a wide guess, but probably it's not in use.

I think it would be nice if they could solve this, so when you load an empty scene you don't get any warning.

Yes, just like the comment about moving to TCC driver which apparently isn't a realistic option even for those that have multiple GPU:s unless they are non-consumer models.