(Solved) Duplicate formulas + massive loading times + 5 mb log file

enbismainenbismain Posts: 18

Hello. I've had a few DAZ Studio crashes while attempting to fit figures one to another to port my morph from G3 to G8. It kind of worked... eventually, but after that I'm having some massive issues with Genesis loading. Any genesis, as it seems - well, 3 & 8 takes the most, earlier ones load faster, but still longer than before. After that it works about ok, at least at a glance.

It takes at very least 5 minutes of it being stuck on "reading assets" or "deleting scene" (even if there's nothing). Then it finally begins loading, and log file rapidly increases in size. Most of its content look like this:

2021-03-15 04:11:10.931 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1660): Failed to prepare modifier: Left Hand Pose 14!2021-03-15 04:11:10.931 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5836): Could not find parent for modifier: Left Hand Pose 13.2021-03-15 04:11:10.931 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1660): Failed to prepare modifier: Left Hand Pose 13!2021-03-15 04:11:10.931 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5836): Could not find parent for modifier: Left Hand Pose 12.2021-03-15 04:11:27.320 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1671): Failed to create modifier: Center Pinch!2021-03-15 04:11:27.325 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1671): Failed to create modifier: Center Height Top!2021-03-15 04:11:27.325 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1671): Failed to create modifier: Center Height Bottom!%208/Male/Morphs/enbis.main/Product/alias_Genesis8Male_XID_Genesis8Female.dsf#XID_Genesis8Female?value2021-03-15 04:13:20.980 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(7032): Duplicate formula found linking yOrigin & XID_Genesis8Female in S:/Net/My Library/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Male/Morphs/enbis.main/Product/alias_Genesis8Male_XID_Genesis8Female.dsf.2021-03-15 04:13:20.980 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(7033): owner: Genesis8_1Male2021-03-15 04:13:20.985 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(7034): output: rPectoral:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Male/Genesis8Male.dsf#rPectoral?center_point/y2021-03-15 04:13:20.985 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(7035): input: Genesis8Male:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis

I won't post the whole thing, since it's large and it goes through pretty must everything I have installed - while loading default figure which has nothing to do with those packs.

And the loading ends up "Duplicate formulas" error followed by a Missing Files window that says some of the files are missing, among which (!) is the .duf file I used to experiment in. Of course it's no longer there, it was temporary file I deleted, but how come the Genesis 8 Male/Female cares about that file now? And here I must note that "duplicate formulas" is something I had for a while, and it slowed down loading of some toons, but not the default ones, so I never bothered to fix it (actually, I tried, but couldn't find working solution).

I tried to re-install 3&8 Genesis Essentials, but that didn't help. Clearing temp folders and cache folders in AppData didn't work either (but the app itself loads somewhat faster than before). Anything else can be done? I don't feel like reinstalling the whole thing pack by pack, tbh. It's a lot, and my traffic is not completely free, as well as time. Any help would be appreciated. 

Post edited by enbismain on

Comments

• enbismainenbismain Posts: 18

Ok, eventually I managed to solve this... mostly?.. In case someone else will encounter similar problem, I'll explain what was wrong, what I did and what helped.

Spoiler: reinstalling is not the thing you want to start with - it takes ages, creates a mess and is unlikely to help.

I started by renaming content folders My Library and My DAZ 3D Library - which cut me off from all the content, but installer didn't notice it, so I couldn't reinstall everything back. This led me to renaming DAZ 3D\InstallManager\ManifestFiles folder - and it turned out to be a nice way to reinstall at least all the content of DAZ Shop, including essential packs.

This "fresh" install allowed to use Genesis figures without issues, so I assumed the problem is somewhere in those two content folders. I kept My Library renamed, then replaced files of my old My DAZ 3D Library with new copies in case there was some corruption and returned the folder to its original name. And... yeah, massive log file and loading times was back as well. 

Then I went with the long, but efficient way to pinpoint what's wrong: by moving part of the folders away to see at which point things are fixed. Considering it took ~5 min at each check to see how well the character loads, this took me a few hours. -_- But hey, it helped to find the problem!

Long story short, it was the leftovers of my failed attempts to save my morphs. Since DAZ has been lagging badly after fitting one character into another, my first actions after the transfer was complete were to try and save the result ASAP, at whatever form I could click through this lag. I had absolutely no clue how is it done properly, so to save the time and clicks I just poked at the whole Genesis 8 directory instead of unfolding it to specific morph. Hey, who knew it would actually save everything I own for Genesis 8 and not just the one morph that has non-zero value at the figure?.. ^^' 

Of course, when I did that, DAZ crashed mid way through the save. Every time I tried to find the result of it and clear it to try again, but couple of times I just couldn't find where it went. So I assumed it just saved nothing and moved on. 

Turns out there was a massive folder created as deep into folders as this: \My DAZ 3D Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male\Morphs\enbis.main\Product
    And later I found out another semi-copy of it in My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male\Morphs\enbis.main\Product

Clearing both resolved most of the issues. There are still some warnings like this though:

2021-03-16 04:41:49.307 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6777): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis3Male:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Male/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Body/PBMCollarboneDetail.dsf#PBMCollarboneDetail?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis

But I've probably broke something while tossing folders around and reinstalling things. Also my whole Smart content panel is almost clear now -_- With only freshly installed essentials still there. Oh well, I barely used it anyway. Maybe I'll find a way to fix this too eventually... 

TL;DR: if you get massive amounts of errors, check your data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male\Morphs\username\ folder, maybe there's a bunch of stuff that shouldn't be there.