DazCentral Feedback

Started using DazCentral, in theory it seems great, except that it doesn't seem to actually do what it claims to do.

First issue: Installing Content doesn't actually 'Install' the content?

I used it to 'install' the content for Daz / 3ds Max / Maya as prompted, but:

- when I go to Daz, in both the 'Smart Content' panel and the 'Install' panel I then have to 'install' the content again since it doesn't seem to be actually installed.

Second Issue, there is an 'open' button in Daz Central, but it...doesn't do anything

I can often find the asset that I'm looking for in the Daz Central list, but finding the corresponding package in the Daz content library is next to impossible, so I'm hoping that the 'Open' button in Daz Central would...I dunno...Open the asset pack in the Smart Content panel so I can work with it?

Except...clicking 'Open' does literally nothing. Same with 3ds Max and Maya assets.

If I open the settings dropdown I can see that DazCentral has properly found the different applications and is pointing to the correct folders for the content library and the applications?

I guess my question is 'what is Open supposed to do in DazCentral'?

Thanks in advance,

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Central is not great, it is grating.  Central is a dumbed down version of DIM.  Switching to DIM may not solve your install problems though if you don't set the install location to a library path that Studio knows about.