phantom clothing strap lines - please help!

Hello all, I'm New to this application and I'm really enjoying using it. However I am running into a couple of issues that I hope someone might have some experience in how to fix. Basically I am seeing phantom shadows on the skin from parts of clothing that don't exist. This only happens with a couple of wardrobe items: Basic corset lingerie set - even in strapless mode when I render, shadows where the straps would be are cast on the skin Angels secrets lingerie - the corset cats strap shadows and large shadows on the breast, and the socks cast shadows on the thigh. When I preview using Iray it shows the clothing covering the areas where the strange shadows are initially before redrawing the clothing as it looks. (But the final render has the shadows, they look like reverse tan lines) Can anyone cast some light on what's happening here? Thanks!

Comments

• That sounds as if the opacity is not fully black, or there are other surface settings allowing an interaction with the light even if it is. All I can suggest iss electing the affected surface(s) with the Surface Selection tool and looking through the settings (and checking any map colours in Opacity/Opacity Strength or other ... Strengths that should be black truly are, or that the value is zero/black regardless of the map if the whole surface is hidden).

• Hey, it turns out that I wasn't rendering the lighter elements because I thought turning nominal luminance to 2 would eliminate fireflies, which it did, but seems to have cause this phantom straps issue, as well as dull renders. Now living with fireflies instead :)