djl files show warning thumbnail in search

I am using djl files to reduce duplication for props I created that I want to show up in 2 places. Is there a reason that if you do a search, any djl files returned in the search show the warning thumbnail, but if you are browsing the folder heirarchy, they show up as intended (as the item they link to).

Also, when they show up in search, you can't click on them to load them into a scene like you can if you browse to the folder they are in.

Comments

• SquirrelSquirrel Posts: 33

Also, as a follow-on, if you delete a djl shortcut, it sticks around in the database. I tried to locate it in categories to attempt a "remove reference" on it, but I can't locate it in categories (or any place else for that matter.)

• edited March 2021

That's normal, as there's no associated PNG(thumbnail) for the DJL file.

If you add a copy of the PNG for the original file it will have a thumbnail. That's how i got it to show up in the attached image.

The categorization isn't for the DJL it's for the original file the DJL links to. So deleting the DJL has no effect on the categorization.

djl files.jpg
    557 x 907 - 83K
    Post edited by DrunkMonkeyProductions on
  • SquirrelSquirrel Posts: 33

I'll see about ading a PNG, but something tells me that the DJL won't be a clickable asset in a search like the item it points to.