Readme files

Hi everyone,

I just recently purchased a product at DAZ and used the DIM to install it.  It is not rendering properly to say the least.  I also manually downloaded the item in the hopes of finding a README.txt in the folder from the artist that might give me an outlay of the best settings to achieve a successful render.  The folder has not README in it.  I really need some documentation on this product so that I know how to tweak it.  can anyone help? 

Comments

• In DIM click the i icon next to the package name in the Installed tab. You can also, in DS, right-click on the product Thumbnail and select More Information. However, the read me links (and direct access) have been spotty since the store update - soemtimes a refresh or so may help.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,319

You can access the ReadMe file in several ways:

• From DIM, go to the Installed tab, locate the product you want and click on the little circular "i" symbol. This will open the ReadMe in your default web browser. 
    • From inside Daz Studio (I've never done this, but I believe you can click to get store info?)
    • Directly from the Daz website here - then click on the line that includes your product SKU (e.g. 80000 - 80999), locate the product and click on it
    • Directly with a url like this: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/xxxxx/start - just replace the xxxxx with your product SKU id.

Note that the ReadMe's on the website are a bit unstable at the moment - you may get a page saying it's a placeholder for a product not yet available in the sgtore - igsore this message and refresh the page as many times as necessary to get to the actual page.

• There's also the "Product index" page.

Here's the link, http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/start

IF there's a readme. Lots of products just have a place holder.

-------------------------------------

OP, if you post the product name and/or page link, we might be able to assist on troubleshooting your issue.

Also, a bit more information on the exact issue could help.

• RendooRendoo Posts: 15

Thanks folks