(Solved) Can we make JCMs for Pose Control dials?

TamunaTamuna Posts: 82

I've created a piece of clothing for G8F and added a whole bunch of JCMs for necessary joints/bones. But when it comes to the sliders under the Pose Controls sub menu (in the Parameters Tab), I can make a morph to fix the dress, but don't know if there's a way to trigger them automatically, when the relevant Pose Controls dial is used. Those are not inherited by the dress when I transfer the rig transfer as far as I can see. The only thing I can think of is to make visible adjustment morphs that users can set manually when needed. Easy enough to do.

But just in case I thought I'd ask if there was another way to do this, for these morphs to work as other JCMs - automatically. Any advice is appreciated.

Post edited by Tamuna on

Comments

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,390

Morphs can control other morphs.  You can create master/slave relationships between different parameters via ERC.

In Daz terms, master is the "Controller" and slave is the "Sub-component".  So you would have the Pose Control dial set up as Controller and your morph as Sub-component.

I can't remember how to set them up.  I think you can just drag and drop the relevant morph into the Controller or otherwise Subcomponent slots in the Property Heirarchy.

• TamunaTamuna Posts: 82

lilweep said:

Morphs can control other morphs.  You can create master/slave relationships between different parameters via ERC.

In Daz terms, master is the "Controller" and slave is the "Sub-component".  So you would have the Pose Control dial set up as Controller and your morph as Sub-component.

I can't remember how to set them up.  I think you can just drag and drop the relevant morph into the Controller or otherwise Subcomponent slots in the Property Heirarchy.

Thank you, I've done some searching about Controllers and Sub-Components and found some instructions. A tad outdated, but I think I've figured it out. Cheers!