Item pose

Good day!

I put a glass in the character's hand, how can I save the position of the glass so that I could then put it in the same position on another character?

Comments

• File>Save as>Support asset>Figure/prop Assets.

The pop up will give some additional options, but, for the most part you may want to leave them at the defaults.

smart prop.jpg
    1917 x 997 - 367K
  • DrunkMonkeyProductions said:

File>Save as>Support asset>Figure/prop Assets.

The pop up will give some additional options, but, for the most part you may want to leave them at the defaults.

Thanks for this was waondering this myself, will save me loads of time

pete

• roezakaroezaka Posts: 64

DrunkMonkeyProductions

This works great with single items. But how can save the group?
    I have a mobile phone, it consists of many parts, when I save it this way, only the group is saved, not what is in it ...

mobile.png
    330 x 400 - 9K
  • SquishySquishy Posts: 460

you can save any arbitrary set of stuff with Save As -> Scene Subset.

edited March 2021

pjzanca

You misunderstood. I need to save the position of the mobile phone in hand so that I can then put it in the hand of any character with one click. Above, the person described how to do this. But this does not work on a subject that has many parts.

Post edited by roezaka on
  • SquishySquishy Posts: 460

you might have to just compine the parts into a single object then, you can save any object with smart parenting to any other object (prop, figure, whatever) but it may not be possible with groups of objects. You might be able to do this strictly within D|S but imo you should probably just combine them in a modeler of some sort like Blender or Hexagon.

• A Wearables preset should work for any number of parts.

Richard Haseltine

It really works! I wonder what is then the advantage of the first method ...

• Saving an asset (in this case I'd use Scene Assets, not Figure/prop, to do al parts in one bite) gives external files that a preset can refer to (soem types of preset can embed geometry, but that is not very efficient).