Babydoll 5576 error

hello all,

for a while now i've been seeing an error message like 'Metadata update failed: 21 items succeeded, 1 items failed" and if i'm reading my log correctly, it pertains to a $2 item i bought simply named 'Babydoll' with the ID number 5576 - this kinda makes sense as i was never able to locate the item either on my HD or in my library in any shape or form

what my log shows is this:

2021-03-11 09:30:30.574 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): curl_easy_perform(https://cdn.daz3d.com/file/dazcdn/p/76/5576/meta/5576_ff7c50_data.json) failed: HTTP response code said error2021-03-11 09:30:30.578 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): TaskLoadProductDataWeb (5576) failed, url: https://cdn.daz3d.com/file/dazcdn/p/76/5576/meta/5576_ff7c50_data.json2021-03-11 09:30:31.436 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(660): sync completed with errors, 21 items succeeded, 1 items failed.

...so how do i fix this? there's no files to delete, so i can't remove/re-install it, trying to download the offline files from the product page gives me the message

"File with such name does not exist."

...which is not entirely helpful or confidence-boosting. can't find it, can't re-install it, can't nuke it.

i'm willing to just get rid of it from my library entirely (i was only buying it for a possible mesh-hack anyway) and i hate seeing 'failed' errors in my DS

trying to get to Daz's help page to lodge a ticket just gives me a 404 Oops, which is why i'm posting this here. advice please?

Comments

• If you mean this: https://www.daz3d.com/babydoll, considering it's age it likely has no meta data to be updated so DS throws a warning. I suppose if you installed it with DIM you could use that to uninstall it.

• clivewil2clivewil2 Posts: 129
    edited March 2021

zombietaggerung said:

If you mean this: https://www.daz3d.com/babydoll, considering it's age it likely has no meta data to be updated so DS throws a warning. I suppose if you installed it with DIM you could use that to uninstall it.

yes, that one.

well that's the thing, there's no installation files for it and a (to me) rather cryptic note on the product page:

"DAZ Studio Users: There is no longer a separate DAZ Studio installer for these Presets. DAZ Studio will automatically apply the DAZ Studio version of the Material Presets from the Poser libraries, giving you the correct DAZ Studio look. "

...i dunno if they're referring to just the materials or the meshes as well - i bought an item once before, one of the motel room sets i think, where 'preset' was used to describe the meshes and supporting geometry, not just a material change/colour scheme - but anyway, as mentioned above if i try to download the installer i get a "File with such name does not exist" message - there's no entry for it in my DIM, nothing in my DS's product library - in fact the only entries for showing i bought it are the product page and my transaction records. outside of Daz's web pages, it's a ghost.

---> Ha! i found a working link for their tech help and submitted a ticket. good-o.

Post edited by clivewil2 on
  • zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,705
    edited March 2021

Yeah that just means the materials. For the actual product download you have to go to your Product Library here on the daz website.

Since this item is pre smart content and back when daz made content that was also compatable with poser, if it's installed correctly you'd only be able to find it in the Poser directories of the Content Library Pane.

Possibly: [Poser Formats -- Studio3 -- Figures] for the meshes, then the materials would probably be under [Poser Formats -- Studio3 -- Pose]. Or something along those lines.

Don't ask me why, that's just how the Older content was sorted.

Post edited by zombietaggerung on
    edited March 2021

zombietaggerung said:

Yeah that just means the materials. Since this item is pre smart content and back when daz made content that was also compatable with poser, if it's installed correctly you'd only be able to find it in the Poser directories of the Content Library Pane. Possibly: [Poser Formats -- Studio3 -- Figures] for the meshes, then the materials would probably be under [Poser Formats -- Studio3 -- Pose]. Or something along those lines. Don't ask me why, that's just how the Older content was sorted.

yes, that was the first place i looked, in the Poser Formats part of my lbrary (also lost and found, a filtered search, and a manual search for 'babydoll' and 'rosetta' etc. using Agent Ransack on my HDD. it's vapourware.

anyway, i put in a ticket for it so let's see what their tech guys say about it.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,441
    edited March 2021

The Product Library page appears to be broken: no links for DIM or manual download, and the DAZ Connect Offline packages are MIA, which probably means the online version is, too. It is available in DIM (and presumably Central), but it is not recommended to mix Connect with other methods. You could do it temporarily and re-install with Connect once it gets fixed.

Post edited by NorthOf45 on
    edited March 2021

NorthOf45 said:

It is available in DIM (and presumably Central), but it is not recommended to mix Connect with other methods. You could do it temporarily and re-install with Connect once it gets fixed.

hmm... my research into this matter last night showed me that Connect often causes exactly these kinds of errors (or am i getting mixed up with 'Central?' - never used Connect or Central) so i'll just stay with DIM-only and wait it out i think. (it doesn't show up in my DIM)

it was a Gen 2 item i got at a flash sale that i was wondering if it would work as the basis for a Gen 8 mesh-hack, but i'm partway into modelling my own now anyway.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

NorthOf45 said:

The Product Library page appears to be broken: no links for DIM or manual download, and the DAZ Connect Offline packages are MIA, which probably means the online version is, too. It is available in DIM (and presumably Central), but it is not recommended to mix Connect with other methods. You could do it temporarily and re-install with Connect once it gets fixed.

As this is a V4 item (basically Poser), I wouldn't let Connect mess with it, since Connect uses non-standard paths for product installation.

When you were searching the item, where were you searching, the database or the actual real folders (setting in DS search)?

PerttiA said:

When you were searching the item, where were you searching, the database or the actual real folders (setting in DS search)?

everything. first confirmed my purchase was valid via product page and content library (on Daz's web site), then did a hunt through the internal content library in DS itself, using various filters for author name and 'babydoll' itself, and then a similar hunt using Agent Ransack on my HDD - and finally a manual search through both of my local libraries on my HDDs, through all folders beginning with 'B' and 'R' (one of the PAs listed was 'Rosetta')

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,441

Okay, back up a step. If you are using DIM to download and install, don't worry about Connect. You won't need to log in to your account in Studio to get everything you need from DIM. Logging in through Studio will enable Connect-based functions, but you don't need them.

In DIM, you can find products in your account using SKU::nnnnn in the filter box. If your Product Library on the DAZ site shows that you have Babydoll (SKU::5576), it should show in one of the tabs in DIM. If it does not show, then there is a problem. If it is installed, you can find the product with a right-click on the entry in the Installed tab and select Show Installed Files...

This particluar product will be found in Content Library:

Poser Formats -> [yourLibraryName] -> Figures -> DAZ's Victoria 4 Clothing -> Babydoll
    Poser Formats -> [yourLibraryName] -> Pose -> MAT BabyDoll

• PerttiA said:

NorthOf45 said:

As this is a V4 item (basically Poser), I wouldn't let Connect mess with it, since Connect uses non-standard paths for product installation.

Connect works with Poser format content.

edited March 2021

NorthOf45 said:

If your Product Library on the DAZ site shows that you have Babydoll (SKU::5576), it should show in one of the tabs in DIM. If it does not show, then there is a problem.

yep, definitely a problem. that particular purchase included 3 items, Babydoll, Cora Hair and Alma Hair.

when i started up the DIM, all that was listed was Cora and Alma.

i've bought a lot of poser content before and it always shows up as you'd expect (i just bought some today, in fact) and although it never shows up in 'smart content' until i save it as a wearable or prop subset, it's always easy enough to find in the library. usually.

Daz's tech people are aware of the issue now, i'm betting one day soon i'll start up DIM and it will be there visible and downloadable.

well what do you know, it's back again, same glitch, same error message.

i want to nuke this thing from my account completely - can i do that? as if i never bought it, never owned it?

i'm not interested in a refund or anything, i just want this thing gone.

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • petes imagespetes images Posts: 213

don't rely on tech support, i contacted them - reply - they won't do anything because of it's age

• joegerardijoegerardi Posts: 226
    edited May 2021

zombietaggerung said:

If you mean this: https://www.daz3d.com/babydoll, considering it's age it likely has no meta data to be updated so DS throws a warning. I suppose if you installed it with DIM you could use that to uninstall it.

Not sure about that: I have products going all the way back to Victoria 2 that have Gigs of stored metadata over the years.

I think it more might be that Studio 4.x does't create metadata for anything that's older, but that's just a supposition.

..Joe

Post edited by joegerardi on

joegerardi said:

zombietaggerung said:

Not sure about that: I have products going all the way back to Victoria 2 that have Gigs of stored metadata over the years.

I think it more might be that Studio 4.x does't create metadata for anything that's older, but that's just a supposition.

DS doesn't create metadata for anything, it is included in the installation package and created by DAZ employees.

Metadata for a product is maybe 30 to 50 kilobytes per product, so it would take around 20 thousand products for the metadata to get up to one gigabyte.

edited May 2021

i did get a reply from tech support earlier, and after they fixed it it did appear in my DIM, ready to install and the problem went away.

but now it's back in the same way as before, trying to manually download it gives me the good old 'file doesn't exist' error.

i have circumvented the issue by uninstalling it but not deleting the archive, which leads me to another question but i'll give that its own thread as it's more general and concerns my whole DS/library install

PerttiA said:

joegerardi said:

zombietaggerung said:

DS doesn't create metadata for anything, it is included in the installation package and created by DAZ employees.

Metadata for a product is maybe 30 to 50 kilobytes per product, so it would take around 20 thousand products for the metadata to get up to one gigabyte.

Every morph for every character has its own metada. Too late tonight, but tomorrow I will postpics of the metadata info. It's stored in the "data" folder in Studio 3.

..Joe

edited May 2022

Redacted

Funny, but DAZ called it "metadata" the whole time Studio .8 to 3 was their current product. I've called that type of information "Metada" the whole 35+ years I've been coding.

And if you understand what metadata is, then you'll have to agree that it IS metadata.

Or not, your call. I really couldn't care less what you call it.

..Joe

01_Meta.jpg
    392 x 277 - 56K
    02_Meta.jpg
    392 x 277 - 15K
    03_Meta.jpg
    392 x 277 - 15K
    04_Meta.jpg
    392 x 277 - 14K
    edited May 2022

Redacted

No. But my airplane doesn't say "airplane" anywhere. Does that mean it's not an airplane?

..Joe

What you see in ...\Data\ is geometry for native DS products, the same that's stored in ...\Runtime\Geometry for older Poser format products like Vicky 2.

Metadata as it is currently referred to in this context, is stored in ...\Runtime\Support\ and it contains information used in categorizing the product in "Smart" Content