Resolved... DAZ Studio Fails to Open into a Window

chaynawolfsmoonchaynawolfsmoon Posts: 675

Something happened today and now when I start DAZ Studio 4.15 pro, I get the splash screen and see DAZ Studio go through the usual process of starting up but doesn't open up into a workspace. The program appears to be running in the Task Bar and Task Manager indicates the program is active but I've been unable to do anything to correct it.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program in an attempt to correct the problem but that doesn't seem to help. It seems despite telling the program to load in a different location that it is still using the configuration of the previous install (because I didn't realize a large portion of the program resides in a folder under Appdata).

Any suggestions on how I might fix it?

Post edited by chaynawolfsmoon on

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

What does your log file say?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,041

did you swap a monitor?

maybe it's opening on a second one that isn't there

• Try this: select the Task bar icon right click and select "Maximise" 

it's likely you have put the window beyond the usable screen

• Sevrin said:

What does your log file say?

I find these warnings...but don't know if they are relevant to the issue.

2021-03-09 22:59:36.886 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(480): Could not add path: "C:/Users/Gina/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/shaders/iray". Due to unknown error -2
    2021-03-09 22:59:36.886 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(480): Could not add path: "D:/Programs/DAZ 3D/InstallManager/Downloads/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D//DAZStudio4 Temp/shaders/iray". Due to unknown error -2

2021-03-09 22:59:37.582 WARNING: 3DConnexion Plug-in Error: Could not create Device, CoCreateInstance failed

2021-03-09 22:59:39.449 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(660): sync completed successfully, 1 items succeeded, 0 items failed.

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

did you swap a monitor?

maybe it's opening on a second one that isn't there

I thought of that but I've no idea how to test it. I'll see if I can figure that out.

Also you suggested the preferences but I'm not sure which file they reside in.

• dragoneyes002 said:

Try this: select the Task bar icon right click and select "Maximise" 

This was one of the first things I tried but there is no maximize option in the taskbar.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

chaynawolfsmoon said:

dragoneyes002 said:

This was one of the first things I tried but there is no maximize option in the taskbar.

Try changing the resolution of your screen while DS is loaded. 

• In frustration, I smacked my head against the keyboard (I didn't want to hurt my hand)... Somehow that resolved it.

Clearly, DAZ Studio desired a sacrifice to work.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

• chaynawolfsmoon said:

dragoneyes002 said:

on the taskbar itself there wont be. when you hover the icon the window preview should apear above the task bar (even if its blank) right click that and there should be a drop window with "restore move size minimize maximize"

• jmtbankjmtbank Posts: 175

on the taskbar itself there wont be. when you hover the icon the window preview should apear above the task bar (even if its blank) right click that and there should be a drop window with "restore move size minimize maximize"

This was the fix all along.  Thank you.

So much time wasted on this issue before I found this post!  Sigh.  My windows fu failed me.  

• kit6961kit6961 Posts: 0

I had a similar problem, after uninstalls and reainstalls, finally found a solution. Make sure Daz studio is the active window (although you cannot really see it) then press Left Alt+Spacebar; this will bring up the default window on the top right corner, click on maximise and you are back in business. 

• jmtbank said:

This was the fix all along.  Thank you.

So much time wasted on this issue before I found this post!  Sigh.  My windows fu failed me.  

Thank you so much!!!