dForce MRB Outfit for Genesis 8 Female: cloak just won't drape

I'm talking about this product: https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-mrb-outfit-for-genesis-8-female

In all of the promos the cloak is draped and looks nice. In my renders it just sort of looks like it is billowing out behind the character. If I try to tweak things it explodes. I've seen the artist's reply in another thread but to be honest. I don't really understand what is being said. His reply to some questions is over here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5947171/#Comment_5947171

I've gone into surface settings and played with a few dials and it either makes it explore or in one case the coat sort of...half came off the figure so her shoulders and chest were exposed. 

Comments

• pretty much all the cloaks fail one way or another either they are pinned to the elbows to attempt to reduce neck stretch or some other constraint makes them too limited to use or they conflict with any other product the character wears

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

Yeah, the cloak is stiff looking even in most of the promos.  There are more than that one thread about this outfit.

Anyone else have problem with one of the latest Dforce product? - Daz 3D Forums You replied to this one last year.

Chungdan's MRB outfit- is there a manual? - Daz 3D Forums

The packaging is horrible.  There are three options, and nothing tells you which to use (It's the "smooth maker" one).

Try simulating the pieces one by one, starting with the dress and then the coat.  Increase dynamic strength for the coat from 0.9 to 1.0.  But the outfit is generally pretty stiff.  I never ended up using it in anything.

• RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 905

Sevrin said:

Yeah, the cloak is stiff looking even in most of the promos.  There are more than that one thread about this outfit.

Anyone else have problem with one of the latest Dforce product? - Daz 3D Forums You replied to this one last year.

Chungdan's MRB outfit- is there a manual? - Daz 3D Forums

The packaging is horrible.  There are three options, and nothing tells you which to use (It's the "smooth maker" one).

Try simulating the pieces one by one, starting with the dress and then the coat.  Increase dynamic strength for the coat from 0.9 to 1.0.  But the outfit is generally pretty stiff.  I never ended up using it in anything.

I finally set the cutout opacity to zero on the cloak. It still looks ok as a sleevless outfit in the scene I wanted but would have looked so much better with the cloak. But when the character is standing still the cloak shouldn't be billowing out behind the character.