tdlmake error while making texture file (3Delight)

amysparklesamysparkles Posts: 99

Looks like I have hit another error, though this never happened to me before.

I textured a clothing item and it rendered fine in the test. Now I have opened the scene again today, I tried another spot render and for some strange reason, I kept receiving a series of error messages during the optimizing images process.

Here are the log entries:

2021-03-08 16:41:46.817 ERROR: 3Delight Process exited abnormally: "C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/bin/tdlmake.exe -colorspace srgb -mode periodic -deflate C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Textures/Hinkypunk/Misc/HPFabric01D.jpg C:/Users/Me/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/d56_HPFabric01D.tdl"
    cannot read JPEG file 'C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Textures/Hinkypunk/Misc/HPFabric01D.jpg' (error: unsupported format feature)

tdlmake: cannot open input file 'C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Textures/Hinkypunk/Misc/HPFabric01D.jpg'

tdlmake: error while making texture file

2021-03-08 16:41:46.817 tdlmake failed to create tdl for image C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Textures/Hinkypunk/Misc/HPFabric01D.jpg

What is strange as this rendered fine yesterday while I was applying textures to the clothing and creating my scene character. Now today this particular texture refuses to render. It is a simple white cloth texture that I manually applied to Skyler's dress in 3Delight. (Essentially replacing the existing texture in Diffuse with this one).

So it seems 3Delight does not recognize some jpg color formats. I noticed other pattern tiled textures fron this set render white. My only workaround so far has been to load the texture in GIMP and them immediately export it as a new jpg file. Presumably GIMP changes the jpg format into something 3Delight can read.

Is this a bug?

Post edited by amysparkles on

Comments

• Where was the image from? What were its details (colour depth, for example)?

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

The image probably has an embedded color profile, save it in normal RGB space!

• Richard Haseltine said:

Where was the image from? What were its details (colour depth, for example)?

The image(s) were part of the Make Me Teen package available in the Daz store: https://www.daz3d.com/make-me-teen-for-genesis-8-females

When I load the image in GIMP, a color profile message pops up so I convert to the native GIMP format, which seems to render fine in 3Delight.

The original image color profile is - sRGB IEC61966-2.1

Other images in the bundle are 'uncalibrated' when I view Properties - Details.

And yes, before you ask, I am applying the texture maps to 3Delight shaders by swapping out the Diffuse texture. I can also convert the iray presets to 3Delight using RSSY Iray to 3Delight, but again, I get a similar issue. The problem seems to be with the images themselves.

• Sven Dullah said:

The image probably has an embedded color profile, save it in normal RGB space!

That's essentially what I'm doing by loading them in GIMP and immediately exporting using the native GIMP RGB profile. 

For some strange reason, 3Delight does not like the color profile the images already had. They render perfectly fine in Iray.