An Error Occured While Reading the File

amysparklesamysparkles Posts: 99

I'm experiencing a number of issues lately whenever I convert G8 clothing to G3. The conversion works perfectly fine, when when I go to apply a materials preset, I get the following error:

An error occured while reading the file. Please see the log file for more details.

Opening the log file reveals this message,

2021-03-06 19:08:28.423 Invalid hierarchy for selected node(s) and "preset_hierarchical_material" type; no root(s) found.
2021-03-06 19:08:28.423 Error reading file, see log for more details.

The clothing materials presets apply as they should when a G8 figure is wearing it, but as soon as I convert the clothing to another figure, I get that error pop up and can no longer apply the materials. Which means doing it manually.

I seem to get this on some pose presets too. I am unable to apply certain G8 poses to G3 so I can then correct them using the G8-G3 pose converter.

I am at a loss as to why this is happening. It is incredibly frustrating,

Post edited by amysparkles on

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

If that's a Hierarcial Material Preset, it expects to find G8 wearing the clothing.

Save the materials as (non-Hierarcial) Material Presets

• PerttiA said:

If that's a Hierarcial Material Preset, it expects to find G8 wearing the clothing.

Save the materials as (non-Hierarcial) Material Presets

Okays, I will try that. Annoying the materials presets have been set up that way though. 

I do something similar whenever I encounter the issue with posing presets - apply the pose as normal, save the pose and then apply the saved pose. So I guess some pose presets are saved as Hierarcial too. 

At least this only has to be done once.

Thank you for your help. smiley

• Hierarchical presets allow a single preset to chnage the whole outfit (those usually come with regular presets for the separate parts too). With dForce clothing items such as buttons have to be separate nodes, so a hierarchical preset is necessary to change them without forcing the user to select each button in the scene pane or by careful aiming in the Viewport.