Show asset in -> mapped folder not working

I've installed Daz3d on a seperate SSD. All my content is on the same SSD. Most of it is manually installed. When I right click on anything in the content window and click Show asset in -> mapped folder nothing happens.

This did always use to work on my old pc. 

Anyone any clue?

Comments

• Do the files load? Do they have metadata (content type tags at top-right,, appear in places other than the Daz Studio fromats/Poser Formats containers in the Content Library)?

• Yes, they all load just fine. I don't see any meta data but how is the required for going to the mapped folder? 

• robograaf2 said:

Yes, they all load just fine. I don't see any meta data but how is the required for going to the mapped folder? 

I was just trying to look for oddities that might account for the issue - but if the files actually load I'm not sure. Where are you right-clicking (I mena in which pane, and which container in the pane)?

• Richard Haseltine said:

robograaf2 said:

Yes, they all load just fine. I don't see any meta data but how is the required for going to the mapped folder? 

I was just trying to look for oddities that might account for the issue - but if the files actually load I'm not sure. Where are you right-clicking (I mena in which pane, and which container in the pane)?

I am clicking in the content library. See picture below. When I click on it simply nothing happens.

dasd.png
    995 x 1550 - 702K
  • vukiolvukiol Posts: 66

Following, i have the same issue but in the smart contents panel

• I see, in search results. Well, it works for me with the CMS metadata working. What happens if you choose Show In Products?

• vukiolvukiol Posts: 66

My issue is similar

Panel: smart contents

Action: Show in Content library/Mapped Folder

Result: Panel switch only, the content folder is the one already selected

This is the only action i have issue with.

Show in products works for me.

I see, in search results. Well, it works for me with the CMS metadata working. What happens if you choose Show In Products?

Same thing.

• I think it probably is related to metadata, though I agree one would expect it to work regardless for a file system location. Are the files in their default locations or have you moved them (or manually installed to a non-default location)?

I think it probably is related to metadata, though I agree one would expect it to work regardless for a file system location. Are the files in their default locations or have you moved them (or manually installed to a non-default location)?

I have installed them Daz3d on a seperate SSD. The content is in the default folder of the Daz Studio installation (F:/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library). Sorry I didn't mention this properly before. I do think the problem is somehow related to it but I can't figure out a solution.

• robograaf2 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

I think it probably is related to metadata, though I agree one would expect it to work regardless for a file system location. Are the files in their default locations or have you moved them (or manually installed to a non-default location)?

I have installed them Daz3d on a seperate SSD. The content is in the default folder of the Daz Studio installation (F:/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library). Sorry I didn't mention this properly before. I do think the problem is somehow related to it but I can't figure out a solution.

That doesn't look like the default path, and does look as if it might have issues (the data folder might indicate that  F:/Applications/ is a content directory). It's also possible that Windows is protecting the Applications folder as it does Program Files, which might well cause issues.

robograaf2 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

That doesn't look like the default path, and does look as if it might have issues (the data folder might indicate that  F:/Applications/ is a content directory). It's also possible that Windows is protecting the Applications folder as it does Program Files, which might well cause issues.

Thank you! I suppose I just wasn't properly thinking myself. 

I first tried to give all users all permissions to the Applications folder. This changed nothing.

After that however I moved the "My DAZ 3D Library" folder out of the Application directory and placed it straight on the F: disk. Now it works again! 

Thanks for your responses and solution!