Torso length issue with old Genesis character - SOLVED

mdlark1966mdlark1966 Posts: 103

A few hours later, I found the problem - it seems that I had a VERY old .dsf version of Genesis lurking around on my hard drive, and that was the culprit. Got rid of that version, replaced it with a proper .duf version, and everything worked! Original post below:

Hello all - 

Just yesterday I (finally) upgraded to the latest DS 4.15, after using DS 4.5 for a while. I have an old Genesis character that I've been using for years, as I didn't want to spend a lot of time messing around to upgrade her to later versions (she works just fine as-is). However, after upgrading, I loaded her today and discovered that her torso length modifier is causing some weird problems. It appears that it is scaling her arms, neck, head and hands along with her abdomen(s), chest, and pectorals. I've checked the parameter settings, and all seems to be in order. Can anyone help with this? Or am I simply stuck adjusting each region manually?

EDIT: I've discovered that this torso length modifier does the same thing with any Genesis 1 figure. I also discovered that I can scale each region to achieve the same effect, because it always treats the scaling as if it is propagating.

EDIT 2: After more digging, I realize that any time you scale an individual body part on the Genesis 1 figure, all the other body parts that are rooted to it get scaled as well. This is what is breaking the torso length modifier, as well as several others. This is brand new behavior with this latest version.

Torso 0.00.jpg
1035 x 902 - 152K
Torso 0.40.jpg
1035 x 902 - 126K
Post edited by mdlark1966 on