G8F Loading Caution

I loaded Base G8F for the first time in a week or so and received a "Duplicate Formulas Found" error for the first time. My main question is, should I be worrying about this?

I pulled up the Log File and went through it, looking to see what was causing the error. I was surprised about the number of warnings I saw (I will come back to these).

Using DIM I uninstalled the two products that were being referenced. Checked G8F again and she loaded with no Duplicate Formulas. Is this something that I should report to DAZ support? Or should I just work around it by only installing these products when I want to use them?

For the warnings, should I be worrying about these?
"Could not find modifier definition..." and "Failed to prepare modifier"
"Could not find parent for modifier..."
"Could not find reference..."
"Could not find target property..."
"Could not find output property..."

I started to uninstall things that seemed to be referenced in the above, but there are so many different products being called out. I was wondering if I was wasting my time.

Comments

• What were the products that caused the error?

For the "Duplicate formula error", it's either a conflict between two products, morphs named exactly the same or doing the same thing,  or it's that there's an error in one of the items, literally two lines of code trying to do the same thing.

For the "could not find modifier" and other errors, you probobaly don't have the support assets it's calling for.

If you do have the other assets, that probably means the asset is borked in some way.

• Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562

DrunkMonkeyProductions said:

What were the products that caused the error?

For the "Duplicate formula error", it's either a conflict between two products, morphs named exactly the same or doing the same thing,  or it's that there's an error in one of the items, literally two lines of code trying to do the same thing.

For the "could not find modifier" and other errors, you probobaly don't have the support assets it's calling for.

If you do have the other assets, that probably means the asset is borked in some way.

Thanks. You are confirming what my suspicions were. I didn't have enough technical knowledge of the situation to be sure of my hunches.

This kind of confirms that I don't need to worry about the "Could Not Find."

I only have a list of the products that I removed to resolve the errors. I will repost tomorrow, after I have a chance to figure out which they are conflicting with. I don't want to post only half the info.

Okay, here is what my research turned up...

The error is occuring with:
    Rin for Genesis 8 Female

Specifically with these two morphs:
    Crocodile/Rin/eCTRLRinEyesClosedR.dsf
    Crocodile/Rin/eCTRLRinEyesClosedL.dsf

It appeared that this morph is conflicting with either:
    Mairin for Genesis 8 Female or
    Ms Rin for Genesis 8 Female

I uninstalled Ms Rin first and tried DS again. Same result. Uninstalled Minarin and tried again. No luck. Error is still present.

I am going to start uninstalling other suspect items to try and figure out where the conflict is.

I tried uninstalling the other product that I thought might have a conflict; Hyorin for Mei Lin 8. But no change.

I then went old school and did a Windows search for eCTRLRinEyesClosedR.dsf in my product directory. It came up twice, but both related only to Rin for Genesis 8 Female:
    ...Female\Morphs\Crocodile\Rin
    ...Female Eyelashes\Morphs\Crocodile\Rin

So I am assuming that Rin for Genesis 8 Female is conflicting with itself. So I am going to uninstall it and reinstall the things that I removed in my quest.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/.../[Filename2#Property]?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/.../[Filename1]

Is read as; "While reading [Filename1] DS found a reference to a file/property [Filename2#Property] which it cannot find"

Reasons can be that, there is no [Filename2] installed or there is a typing error in either one of the files or the specified path.

Okay, for the Duplicate Formulas, just uninstalling Rin for Genesis 8 Female seems to have fixed it. The conflict seems to be restricted to itself.

For the Could Not Find...  I have almost 200 Warning entries on that. I am just trying to figure out if this something I should file a ticket on, a long with the issues with Rin. I've attached the Warning messages in a text file.

txt
    txt
    DS Could Not Find G8.txt

Opened a support ticket at noon today (EST). Received a reply 5 minutes later...

"This is a known issue, I apologize for the inconvenience. Our QA is aware of this and is working to update the products that are causing this message."

While I should be happy that I received a response so quickly, it actually annoyed me. If Support / QA knows there is an issue, why doesn't DAZ send out an email to customers to let them know? I could have saved hours of troubleshooting and documenting.

• Jason Galterio said:

Opened a support ticket at noon today (EST). Received a reply 5 minutes later...

"This is a known issue, I apologize for the inconvenience. Our QA is aware of this and is working to update the products that are causing this message."

While I should be happy that I received a response so quickly, it actually annoyed me. If Support / QA knows there is an issue, why doesn't DAZ send out an email to customers to let them know? I could have saved hours of troubleshooting and documenting.

Gotta love auto-responders.

I went in and tested Rin(https://www.daz3d.com/rin-for-genesis-8-female ) and wasn't able to replicate a duplicate formula error with her on my current install, so there maybe something you've got installed i don't that's causing the conflict.

i double checked to see if i might have already fixed the problem, but there wasn't a difference between the dates on my install and my zip.

Good luck tracking that down, i've had some seriously weird causes of Duplicate formula errors, that took a long, long time to track down to find the combination of assets that was causing it.

As far as the errors in your txt file, that's just content the particular asset requires that either you don't have installed or might have an error in the particular asset.

Looks like the worst is AFE.

Auto face enhancer should have a warning label on it for the amount of products it requires to not produce errors.

Or at least a "required products" list.

I'd suggest uninstalling that, and then start tracking down the individual missing files to see if it's something you don't have, or if it's and actual problem with the asset.

• DrunkMonkeyProductions said:

Jason Galterio said:

Gotta love auto-responders.

I went in and tested Rin(https://www.daz3d.com/rin-for-genesis-8-female ) and wasn't able to replicate a duplicate formula error with her on my current install, so there maybe something you've got installed i don't that's causing the conflict.

As is most often the case with Duplicate Formula issues it isn't a bug in the product per se,it's a clash in naming between two products. As a result the error will occur only if both products involved are installed.

i double checked to see if i might have already fixed the problem, but there wasn't a difference between the dates on my install and my zip.

Good luck tracking that down, i've had some seriously weird causes of Duplicate formula errors, that took a long, long time to track down to find the combination of assets that was causing it.

As far as the errors in your txt file, that's just content the particular asset requires that either you don't have installed or might have an error in the particular asset.

Looks like the worst is AFE.

Auto face enhancer should have a warning label on it for the amount of products it requires to not produce errors.

Or at least a "required products" list.

I'd suggest uninstalling that, and then start tracking down the individual missing files to see if it's something you don't have, or if it's and actual problem with the asset.

• MouserMouser Posts: 675
    edited August 2021

I like the Rin character she looks lovly but she drags down all G8F load times.

The whole point of Daz's service is they are meant to add value, one of those things is supposed to be quality.

There has to be some kind of quality control, no they cant spot every issue & bug before release but when it is reported it should be fixed.

Even if its a third party creater Daz has a responsiblity to get them to fix their mess.

It is not the customers job to fix these issues thats Daz's job, other wise why should we give them our money?

Post edited by Mouser on