"Renderer is already in use???"

Hello guys, this is the second time I had this issue. Even when I just opened this software, with NOTHING in the scene, no changes were made, just simply click the render button, this error message will come out. Rendering will fail. But the iray inside the viewport can still work.

The last time I had to wipe the whole system clean, I uninstalled the DIM, Daz Studio, removed the whole library, then I reinstalled everything in its latest version. I used it for a few hours, this error message came out again. I restarted the program, and then restarted the machine, nothing works. The iray in the viewport still works. I just can't render to a file or a new window, or render using canvas.

My Nvidia version is 461.40. GPU 2060.

Daz Studio is 4.15.0.2 Pro 64bit

After I restarted the computer, I didn't run any other software, ONLY the daz studio is running, and it's not rendering anything in the viewport or to the file/canvas.

I am so exhausted. It was working fine this morning. I don't want to wipe the system and do it again and only work for a few days and get the same issue back.

Please help me!!!

The error log is attached.

txt
txt
log.txt
Post edited by onyxlee_9b3cce7f35 on

Comments

• Hausfrau MafiaHausfrau Mafia Posts: 76
    edited March 2021

This happened to me once too. While rendering an animation. It refused to render frame 152. So I just rendered 0-151 and then 153- onward. 
    Have you tried advancing a frame see if that solves it?

I haven't had it occur since that one time. So I think it may be scene specific. ??

Still merits a support ticket though. That would drive me absolutely mental. 

Post edited by Hausfrau Mafia on
  • Thanks, I just found out that, even when you only iray, you can't disable 3dlight plugins. If you do so, it will cause the above issue and make iray non-functional.

Hope this will help others in the future.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

onyxlee_9b3cce7f35 said:

Thanks, I just found out that, even when you only iray, you can't disable 3dlight plugins. If you do so, it will cause the above issue and make iray non-functional.

That is good to know.  I disabled Filament just to avoid accidentally selecting it for a preview and crashing DS, but that hasn't caused any problems. 

• onyxlee_9b3cce7f35 said:

Thanks, I just found out that, even when you only iray, you can't disable 3dlight plugins. If you do so, it will cause the above issue and make iray non-functional.

What do you mean?

• @Richard Haseltine, what I meant was, iray renderer is actually dependent to 3delight, for some unknown reasons. My guess is, maybe the developer called 3delight for some duplicated functions that iray needs. So when 3delight is disabled, iray will stop working. You can feel free to test it out, nothing will happen to hurt your system,

• onyxlee_9b3cce7f35 said:

@Richard Haseltine, what I meant was, iray renderer is actually dependent to 3delight, for some unknown reasons. My guess is, maybe the developer called 3delight for some duplicated functions that iray needs. So when 3delight is disabled, iray will stop working. You can feel free to test it out, nothing will happen to hurt your system,

Please report that as a possible bug, with steps to reproduce.

• eric_blaneric_blan Posts: 0

THANKS MAN! That's exactly what happened here! I re-enabled 3dlight plugins, re-booted, and voilà!

Teaches me to try optimising too much...