Genesis 8 Male head morphs error

Hi. This is sort of a strange problem - but all the sudden I have a number of genesis 8 male assets whose heads aren't morphing correctly. Some are totally fine - while others seem to be distorted. Loading these characters doesn't create any entries in the log file. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling Daz3d, genesis 8 male, genesis 8 essential files and each of the affected characters. So far nothing has had any impact. I've attached photos of a couple examples. The first is Jeremy by SF Design, then Rocco by Mar3D and then Toon Generation 4 male. Any ideas?

Comments

• What does it show in the parameters tab if you select "currently used' in the top left?

• Please put the Viewport in Smooth Shaded mode if you want to shjow a nude figure - in this case you could also have zoomed in to show only the head and shoulders.

• Whoops. Reposting a couple shots zoomed in with Currently Used selected.

01.png
    2026 x 1398 - 618K
    02.png
    2026 x 1398 - 556K
  • Maybe you can try:

Load G8M Base Male, Parameters top right, Zero Figure then Memorize Figure

Then top left menu in DS File -> Save As -> Support Asset -> Save Modified Assets

This will essentially force all your sliders to zero and saving it in this way is kind of like a factory reset for how G8M loads in. (you wont lose any sliders, they're just all zeroed)

Then reload a G8M and see if the problem persists.

• edited February 2021

Hausfrau - you sir and brilliant. Thanks! There was basically a morph from another asset that was hiding. 

Post edited by mattgibb_951ac49214 on
  • Hey.... call me Mom. ^_^
    (im on a roll)