Do I have to become a PA to use morph loader pro on high resolution figures?

Hey guys,

is there really no way other than starting to sell assets in the shop to transfer a high resolution mesh onto a genesis basemesh?

I've been fiddling around with Transfer Utility which seems to work except once I save the figure, I lose all my modifiers.

Is there a way to either use Morph Loader Pro *with* subdivision or keeping all my modifiers permanently after transfer utility? Or do I have to start wasting time to create assets to sell?

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,390

Only PAs can create HD morphs.

• Thanks, Leana.

Though, creating them isn't the problem. I have some. On Genesis3Male. It just won't save it as Genesis 3 Male.

So I can use it "live", but I can't save my scenes. I'm not looking to distribute them in any way so I don't really care if I can dial them in with a slider or not. (Though I would prefer it...)

I'd just like to use the characters I've created in a normal fashion. 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,390

When I say "create" I mean "take the modified high-res object and transform it into a HD morph of the base figure".

• ...yeah... i know... I'm being stubborn, I guess.

• there is the geograft option some use, I have never made a geograft so not the person to ask but there are products with geografted highpoly poly faces for example 

see this PA https://www.daz3d.com/dmaster

• Thanks Wendy, I'll look into that.

I've done it now though. I was frustratedly fiddling around with the Transfer Utilitied G3M, trying to create some dummy that would recognize all the shaping morphs after saving and have somehow overwritten the Genesis3Male.dsf

I tried replacing the corrupt one with one downloaded from Daz3D, didn't work. Tried clearing the cache, reimporting metadata, uninstalling starter essentials... all to no avail.

I ended up uninstalling DS, deleting the AppData, and am now DIM-installing 1000 assets. All because my shaping morphs were disappearing after I save. And because I've been OCD-ing, trying to solve this problem, I'm gonna be up all night catching up on the real work I was supposed to be doing in DS over the weekend.

FML! I hate this house!

• you only need to delete the overwritten files in the data folder and redownload them

• That didn't work. I'd corrupted it by saving as a figure/prop support asset and that somehow linked the base male to the OBJ I used in the transfer utility. 

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,395

just make the 50th version of an already-existing pose set; seems to be an easy way to become a PA.

• It's just so stupid. Just let us buy it. Hell at this point -frustratedly waiting for DIM to finish- I'd even be willing to pay a reasonable subscription model fee to get access to PA tools. 
    Honestly, the crap they put us through...

*starts tearing up*

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

Hausfrau Mafia said:

It's just so stupid. Just let us buy it. Hell at this point -frustratedly waiting for DIM to finish- I'd even be willing to pay a reasonable subscription model fee to get access to PA tools. 
    Honestly, the crap they put us through...

*starts tearing up*

Makes perfect sense to me to keep some of the PA tools in house and for PA use only. Surprised there are not more that only PAs can access.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,046
    edited March 2021

it's an argument you never will win on this forum, best just use other professional software suites like Blender, they now have a HD importer for Diffeomorphic too.

The PA only dforce strandbased hair annoys me as someone who does animations, still image renderers can style their own static coiffes for free, again Blender is the winner there, I just need to get better at using it.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on