Jordan (3D Universe) material question

FluxFlux Posts: 17

What am I doing wrong?

When rendering, 3D Universe's Jordan's ears look fine with the default loaded texture.

Once the Tanned No Lines material is applied, the ears appear to be missing the correct texture.

How can I solve the problem?

I still have a little time to get a refund, but so far I found 3D Universe to have one of the highest quality products from all artists and I don't know what happened with this product.

Any ideas someone?

Jordan.default.png
887 x 802 - 1M
Jordan.Tanned.No.Lines.png
887 x 802 - 1M
Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

While not an official fix, it's easy to solve. before loading the tanned preset, go to the surfaces tab and select the ears and copy that material setting. Then after applying the tanned preset, go back and paste the copied setting back to the ears, sould work ok after that. I would still submit a support ticket though for an official fix.

• FluxFlux Posts: 17
    edited February 2021

Thank you for your input!

I tried the suggested workaround, but I'm far from happy with the result.

The head and ears material clearly doesn't match.

It may not be visible when covered by hair, but it still bothers me.

I submitted a support ticket, hopefully 3DU will fix the issue soon.

Jordan.copy.paste.png
    871 x 1013 - 999K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • PetraPetra Posts: 1,144

I have Jordan too, never use tan lines but tried it just now, and yes, the ears will be white.

Best to open a ticket because this needs fixing.

Flux said:

Thank you for your input!

I tried the suggested workaround, but I'm far from happy with the result.

The head and ears material clearly doesn't match.

It may not be visible when covered by hair, but it still bothers me.

I submitted a support ticket, hopefully 3DU will fix the issue soon.

Then apparently there is more of a chancge than just tanlines. Try again, this time after you apply everything, just copy the face settings into the ear settings in the surfaces tab since by default they share the same settings.

I have Jordan too, never use tan lines but tried it just now, and yes, the ears will be white.

Best to open a ticket because this needs fixing.

Thanks for confirming that the issue exists. I was a bit worried that I'm doing something wrong, being a noob.

Already opened a support ticket, now just have to wait for 3DU to come out with an update.

Then apparently there is more of a chancge than just tanlines. Try again, this time after you apply everything, just copy the face settings into the ear settings in the surfaces tab since by default they share the same settings.

No, thank you.

No offense, but I don't want to have workarounds. I want to have a product which works without flows.

I appreciate your input though.

Flux said:

No, thank you.

No offense, but I don't want to have workarounds. I want to have a product which works without flows.

I appreciate your input though.

I understand, but fixes can take time and there are going to be MANY times using DS when you will need to find a workaround for things. best of luck!

• 3D Universe3D Universe Posts: 328

We've submitted a fix for this issue, it should appear as an update soon. Here's a direct link to download the updated files if you can't wait, though.
    https://www.dropbox.com/t/c6jrtB7aPMQ8jnBn

all the best,
    Steve

• PetraPetra Posts: 1,144

3D Universe said:

We've submitted a fix for this issue, it should appear as an update soon. Here's a direct link to download the updated files if you can't wait, though.
    https://www.dropbox.com/t/c6jrtB7aPMQ8jnBn

all the best,
    Steve

Thank you so much, Steve.

I grabbed the download too.

:) 

Thank you for the quick response and fast fix, Steve!

I missed the dropbox link, but downloaded the update through DIM, will check it out soon.

I find your products to be of really high quality. I wish more seller (some of them shouldn't be called PA, that would mean "artist") would provide such quality products!

Thanks again!