Whole Computer Freezes When trying to Render

I am using 4.15.I have two figures that have clothing and hair,lights,and hdri background. I have a Geforce RTX 2060 card. It only freezes on two figures and not one. I have tried not letting Daz use CPU,Lowered priority through task manager, and nothing has worked yet. 

any help is appreciated!

Comments

• I'm not an expert in this and don't have 4.15. What I would ask is how much ram do you have and are you running anything else other then Daz.

I have an old computer (15 yrs old) with 4 gigs of ram, when I run Daz it wants to use 4 gigs of ram but 2 have to be used for Windows to run, yet have not had my computer or Daz freeze on me. However, I have had Daz suddenly close on me right in the middle of things and I'm told it has to do with the fact I have so little ram. Now when I want to run Daz, I don't do anything else on the computer, especially during a render and it seems fine with that. I just go do something else.

I have seen a lot of posts where people ask if you have the latest drivers for your graphics card, could be something to look into.

• I believe I have 6 gb. I did a fresh install of windows. Reinstalled updates, latest drivers. Only happens with two figures in the scene.
  • lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,394

what is your system ram? (not vram of  graphics card)

i had 16gb of sys ram and Daz would always freeze my PC when i was doing a render that used ~10gb of vram.  I dont know why that is. once i added more sys ram it stopped freezing

I think youre supposed to have a lot more sys ram than vram.

you should use GPU-Z and see what is happening when you render.

• lilweep said:

what is your system ram? (not vram of  graphics card)

i had 16gb of sys ram and Daz would always freeze my PC when i was doing a render that used ~10gb of vram.  I dont know why that is. once i added more sys ram it stopped freezing

I think youre supposed to have a lot more sys ram than vram.

you should use GPU-Z and see what is happening when you render.

I have 16 gb.i managed to get the scene to render but only after I used scene optimizer to compress textures. I even tried to use cpu rendering like I used to before I got a nvidia card. It froze with that as well.
  • A lot of people are having trouble using more then one model in a scene and one of the big reasons is what lilweep said, needing a lot fo system ram compared to vram. There's a thread about it on the commons section. Someon had 16 gigs vram and had 64 system ram...I could be remembering the numbers wrong.