DIM Log In not working

I logged into Daz this morning, bought a lot of things, and now my log in for DIM will not work.  I know I have the right password, because I logged into Daz with it.   Any Ideas?

Comments

• It doewsn't look as if there is a general issue so you may need to open a support ticket if it doesn't clear up of its own accord.

• dlm4001dlm4001 Posts: 196

I submitted a ticket.  It said it could take 5 to 10 business days to resolve.  Wow.  I am not waiting that long to download the long list of products I bought this morning. ( I will do it manually before I wait that long. )

I tried reinstalling DIM but it gets the same error ( user name or passpowrd not valid).  Maybe a good time to try out Daz Central for content management. I just don't wnt to have to install over 1000 products to get the inventory to reflect what is installed and not installed. Hopefully it won't be like that.   I had the whole day off.  I bought all those items that I had been adding to my cart for the last week, and planned to get some rendering done... and I have spent most of it trying to get DIM to work. 

edited February 2021

Well I installed Daz Central and the log in credential work there.   ???   However I can not use Daz Central becasue it is forcing me to do a Daz Studio install.  I would think the installer could check the registry and see that Daz is installed.  I am not going down that path.  I have my Daz Studio set up way I like and it i working great.  (not installing over top of it).    There is no way around installing to get Daz Central to work.  

Think I will back up my DIM download folders, database and manifest.  Then Uninstall DIM and reinstall.   This is a royal pain.  I am in Daz everyday and it works great.  This DIM think is unexpected. 

Post edited by dlm4001 on

Today, my DIM decided it did not like my account information any more.  I can log into DAZ3D and Daz Studio just fine, but DIM says invalid user or password.  I filed a ticket and it said 5 to 10 days (I get it, COVID)....   I tried reinstalling DIM, and that did not help.  So I thought I would make the jump from DIM to Daz Central.  I installed Daz Central, and when I log into it, it wants me to Install Daz Studio.  I have Daz Studio set up the way I like and I am not resintalling it.  Is there a way to get into Daz Central without installing Daz Studio?  

• Uninstalling and reinstalling won't help if it's an account issue or an issue with your local settings, as it won't touch either of them. Go to

%AppData%/daz 3d/InstallManager/UserAccounts/

and try removing the .ini file that has your account details (with Install Manager and Central closed), then try restarting DIM and see if it will let you log in (but you will lose all your settings, so if you are using cistom locations you will need to restore them).

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

Yeah, use DIM.  It provides more flexibility and fewer headaches in the long run.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,874

You could try to create a new user with a different name and your current login in DIM and then see if that works.  Worked for me once I had this problem.  You'll have to set up your paths etc. again if you do this, of course.

You can find the DIM user config files here if you want to modify anything manually, delete an account etc..:  C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\UserAccounts

Well this was informative.  1.  Changed my mind on Daz Central after reading this. Thanks.  I was trying to figure out where it was going to put stuff.  I like the way DIM tells me what I have to download, what is downloaded, and what is installed.   I have used it for so long, I can't Imagine life without it. Think I will stick with what has worked well for me. 

2.  Taoz...  I followed the path to the UserAccounts and blew away my account.  I recreated it, and logged in with no trouble.  (I guess it got glitched somehow.) I did have to set up my paths again.. and for a minute I thought, "oh no!", but then I thought, "I got this."   I just had to remember the alternate location of my installs.  Now I am downloading and installing bunches of new packages.

Thanks All!

• Merged threads.