Animating Camera Angles and movement simultaneously

Gemini QueenGemini Queen Posts: 263

So now that I'm getting the hang of rendering, getting a couple of licenses under my digital belt, I decided to look into animations. It's fairly straight forward, but I have the tiniest problem: How do I animate camera movement while animating figure/object movement? I've looked around in the forums, but am having a hard time wording what it is that I'm looking for, so the search isn't going well. Take for example these two videos - 

1) 

1.1) In this one, the car comes around the corner while the camera is panning. How do I acheive that effect? I understand making things frame by frame, but moving the camera angle while moving things frame by frame sounds impossible. 

2) 

2.1) In this one, when she prepares to cross in front of the camera, it turns with her. 

That is the effect that I'm looking to mimic with my animations. Everything else about them can be learned through Youtube videos and the forums here I'm sure. But Like I said, I am having the hardest time locating the settings in Daz, the forum or Youtube videos that I should be looking to for practice. Any assistance in this endevor would be much approciated. Thanks! 

Edit - Just realized that this probably should have been posted in the new users section. I'll move it if need be, sorry about that. 

Post edited by Gemini Queen on

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

You don't need to do it frame-by-frame.  You set up your camera position A and zoom A at the beginning of the shot and set a key frame for the camera, and your set up your position B and zoom B at the end of the shot and key frame that.  You may need to make a couple of adjustments by adding key frames in the middle if you want accelerate or slow down movement or zoom throughout the shot, but that's your starting point.

• What you said sort of make sense, thanks! Now I need to find a forum/youtube video/PDF document explaining that, cause setting things up frame by frame is the only real way that I know how to do it. I'm gonna look on youtube right now. 

• I think I found a video that kind of summarizes what you were saying - 

Thanks for the explanation!