Spotrender does not use local dimensions?

LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817

Hi, I have created a portrait and wanted to fix the hair, now I wanted to spotrender the fixed region, but:

The fixed image (left) is in QHD (1440p) from the standard Render settings for all other cameras, why does it not use the camera dimensions from my Camera 3?

I hope someone can help me, so i can understand this.

Edit: Post Nr. 1.600 yaii :D

Post edited by Loony on

Comments

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,322

Are you doing the spot render in place (i.e. in the viewport)? It won't be the same size as a full render to a new window (unless the dimensions are smaller than your viewport maybe) - you can set spot render tool to render to a new window in the "Tool Settings" tab.

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817

MelanieL said:

Are you doing the spot render in place (i.e. in the viewport)? It won't be the same size as a full render to a new window (unless the dimensions are smaller than your viewport maybe) - you can set spot render tool to render to a new window in the "Tool Settings" tab.

Yes I used a new New Window.

A Spot render with New window did in the past ALWAYS used the render sizes as I have set it, but... I never used Local dimensions for spot render, I assume Spot render does ignore the Local dimensions and use the Main settings only.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,322

Oooh, I never knew that! Maybe I've always switched local dimensions off before I've rendered - I've never used that setting deliberately, and often been annoyed with products that set it "on" so my render starts up in massive size.

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817

Yeah I only use that in very special cases, like now, I wanted a portrait of the boy from the full scene, I love to show closeup details of the persons, so the peoples can see the emotions and love I spent into Outfits^^.