UI Changes not saved in 4.15?

Several times now I've replaced a little-used pane in my interface with the Scene Info tab, but when I re-open DS it's back to the way it was. My recollection is that I don't need any extra steps to save UI changes, though I could be wrong. I should point out that I've been working on getting resources of a particular scene pared down so it won't crash when I try to render, so the last several times DS "closed" by crashing - could that be why it's happening? I do save changes to the file as I work but maybe that doesn't save UI changes?

Comments

• Well, that was the problem (crashes interfering with UI file saves). This scene takes so long to load I was loath to close DS and wait the full 10 minutes (yes that's what it takes!) for the Daz Studio Application process to fully close so I could re-open DS and then re-load the scene, which by itself takes over 5 minutes. But I did that and the interface is now updated.

• You can save the layout mid-session through Window>Workspace>Save Layout, then reload through Window>Workspace>Select Layout. However, loss of layput chnages isn't the only potential issue with forced exits so I would still advise against them.

• mikethe3dguymikethe3dguy Posts: 515
    edited February 2021

Thanks, it helps to know that.

I've heard you say before that forcing DS to close can be harmful but I typically push my GPUs past their capabilities and, rather than getting an on-screen message that my cards (RTX 2080ti plus a GTX 980ti) are unable to render the scene, Daz Studio crashes and shuts down. So it's not up to me whether DS is "force closed". It's only recently that I discovered that DS does in fact stop running something like 10 minutes after closing the program. Prior to that I assumed it was still running after being closed because of a bug, and would not open again unless the PC was rebooted or I force closed it. I've never had a PC application that did that (or Mac for that matter) so I have in the past closed DS via Task Manager a few times. I'll try to avoid that, but it seems to me there must be a solution to "close the program, then twiddle my thumbs for 10 minutes or so until I can open it again".

Post edited by mikethe3dguy on