Question about PNG compression for LIE images

SpaciousSpacious Posts: 481

I've created a preset package for G8.1F using LIE to add some blotchiness, freckles, and moles.  Thread here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/474936/want-to-give-feedback-on-this-genesis-8-1-female-skin-modification-updated

The presets are taking just over 30 seconds to load, I assume because they're loading 4k images into the diffuse and bump channels of all the skin and lip material zones.  My question is about PNG compression and balancing load times with package times in DAZ Studio specifically.  I've searched, just haven't found the info I'm after.  I imagine that lower compression equates to faster load times?  Is 30 seconds not really too long in the first place?

Anyone have experience with this and want to give me some suggestions to help find the sweet spot?  I'd like to sort this out before expanding the set much further.  Thanks for any help.

Post edited by Spacious on

Comments

• L.I.E. always takes longer to load. One does not make poorer pictures to improve load times. One might use smaller pictures, 4K for a bump is quite abit.

When making the L.I.E. presets be careful "where" the textures are located first. Don't know about the present edition, but they used to be parked in a temp folder for some strange reason. They need to be in a proper texture folder in the Runtime structure.

• SpaciousSpacious Posts: 481

I think I've got that part sorted.  I'm just hoping to get load times faster if possible.