No valid PostgreSQL CMS connection & no solution

I'm getting an error message of "A valid PostgreSQL CMS connection could not be established". I went through multiple attempts to fix it, looked through all the forums discussing what the issue might be. I "started cms", I changed Port, I installed it separately, I removed it from my firewall both DAZ and PostgreSQL as well as every file under PostgreSQL, individually. I did everything that I found but nothing changed.

The only issue that remained that I know of is that the dblog.txt file shows "FATAL: role "User" does not exist", and I have no idea how to go about fixing it. I tried creating a file with my username, but that also didn't work.

Has anyone else experienced that? I'm using Windows 10 if that adds any info.

Comments

• tne1luv said:

I'm getting an error message of "A valid PostgreSQL CMS connection could not be established". I went through multiple attempts to fix it, looked through all the forums discussing what the issue might be. I "started cms", I changed Port, I installed it separately, I removed it from my firewall both DAZ and PostgreSQL as well as every file under PostgreSQL, individually. I did everything that I found but nothing changed.

The only issue that remained that I know of is that the dblog.txt file shows "FATAL: role "User" does not exist", and I have no idea how to go about fixing it. I tried creating a file with my username, but that also didn't work.

Make sure the "cluster directory" is set to the proper location [i.e. where exists My Library {the content}]
    [Edit > Preferences > CMS Settings tab] 

• Catherine3678ab said:

tne1luv said:

Make sure the "cluster directory" is set to the proper location [i.e. where exists My Library {the content}]

Thank you my man, this did it for me and took my time to let you know. Awesome dude, thanks again!

• eque78eque78 Posts: 9

danlineage said:

Catherine3678ab said:

tne1luv said:

Thank you my man, this did it for me and took my time to let you know. Awesome dude, thanks again!

OMG! I did this (refer to the bold section) and it worked.  Seems so inane, I wonder why this has not been highlighted or fixed by the installers.

• Make sure the "cluster directory" is set to the proper location [i.e. where exists My Library {the content}]

Thank you so much. it worked fine with me

• thedoctorthedoctor Posts: 197

Holy Bat Directory! ... I've struggled with this for SO LONG and tried so many different suggestions. Yours is the first that worked!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

• adam_graggadam_gragg Posts: 141

Soooooo... my issue with this, is that, when I change to the correct folder, it's not updating.  It reverts back to the default.  How do you change to the correct directory WITHOUT it changing back? 

• adam_gragg said:

Soooooo... my issue with this, is that, when I change to the correct folder, it's not updating.  It reverts back to the default.  How do you change to the correct directory WITHOUT it changing back? 

Do you have more than one application open that can edit the path? If so, they may end up overwriting the new value as you close them - depending on ordering/timing.

Richard Haseltine said:

adam_gragg said:

Do you have more than one application open that can edit the path? If so, they may end up overwriting the new value as you close them - depending on ordering/timing.

Uhhh... not that I know of.  What kind of apps would do that?  

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,767

adam_gragg said:

Richard Haseltine said:

adam_gragg said:

Well, Daz Studio, DIM and Daz Central all use the CMS

SofaCitizen said:

adam_gragg said:

Richard Haseltine said:

adam_gragg said:

Well, Daz Studio, DIM and Daz Central all use the CMS

And neither DAZ studio OR Install manager will let me change the drive. They both revert back to the C drive when I try (neither are open at the same time and I don't have daz central installed yet)

edited March 2023

As you can see, everything else is correctly set to the Z drive... but THAT file pathway will NOT be updated. It keeps on reverting to the C drive no matter how many times I change it.

DazStudio C drive.png
    1024 x 789 - 63K
    Daz install manager C drive.png
    828 x 447 - 116K
    Post edited by adam_gragg on
  • SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,767
    edited March 2023

Does that location on drive C exist? If so have you deleted it when all the applications are closed and then see if it gets recreated on launch of one of them?

Is there a valid CMS folder on drive Z where you try and set it to - i.e. the folder you try and point it to contains a folder named "ContentCluster" and has valid PostreSQL files inside?

EDIT: It seems that the postresql.conf file is stored inside the ContentCluster and so that should mean that the CMS application itself does not have any inherent config which would enforce a path and so it should be fed it's path by either the value stored in DazStudio or by DIM.

Post edited by SofaCitizen on

SofaCitizen said:

Does that location on drive C exist? If so have you deleted it when all the applications are closed and then see if it gets recreated on launch of one of them?

Is there a valid CMS folder on drive Z where you try and set it to - i.e. the folder you try and point it to contains a folder named "ContentCluster" and has valid PostreSQL files inside?

EDIT: It seems that the postresql.conf file is stored inside the ContentCluster and so that should mean that the CMS application itself does not have any inherent config which would enforce a path and so it should be fed it's path by either the value stored in DazStudio or by DIM.

Yes... there ABSOLUTELY IS a valid CMS folder on the Z drive, as you can see per the screen shot.

Z drive shot.png
    1692 x 952 - 84K
  • Have you tried a different folder on the Z: drive? My suspicion would be that there are permission issues, or possibly database corruption of some kind.

Richard Haseltine said:

Have you tried a different folder on the Z: drive? My suspicion would be that there are permission issues, or possibly database corruption of some kind.

Which folder?  There are lots to choose from.  What exactly am I looking for?

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404

Have you tried just to set the folder location in DIM? 

2023-03-04.png
    1920 x 1080 - 213K
  • adam_gragg said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Have you tried a different folder on the Z: drive? My suspicion would be that there are permission issues, or possibly database corruption of some kind.

Which folder?  There are lots to choose from.  What exactly am I looking for?

As a test just set a path, we want to see if it sticks - if it does then the issue is the current folder you are trying to select, and you can give some more thought to what you do want to use for real; if not then the issue is not related to the path (unless it's the whole drive).

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404
    edited March 2023

In the Image file, his uploaded image points to C:/USERS/ADAM/APPDATA/ROAMING/ DAZ3D/CMS.

It should point to the Z:/Users/User/AppData/Roaming/daz3d/cms

Post edited by AgitatedRiot on
  • AgitatedRiot said:

In the Image file, his uploaded image points to C:/USERS/ADAM/APPDATA/ROAMING/ DAZ3D/CMS.

It should point to the Z:/Users/User/AppData/Roaming/daz3d/cms

or whatever path is desired, the folder names along the way are not functionally siginificant (although I think they may need to limit themselves to "standard" characters).