How to change tattoo color?

I'm working with the Freja 8 model and am trying to figure out if there is a way to change the color of the geoshell tattoos that come with her (specifically the neck/head tattoo- see attachment). Can anyone give me guidance/advice? 

Thanks!

Aerix Token.jpg
800 x 800 - 373K

Comments

• Change the "base color" and remove the texture in the base color channel to alter the color.

You'll need to tweak out other settings to get a better result.

But, it will change the color of all the tatoos in a certain surface area.

You'd need to alter the texture in a photo editor to split them off if you don't want that, plus reapplying in DS and creating a custom material preset.

tattoo example.png
    1000 x 1000 - 2M
  • burdenadburdenad Posts: 33
    edited February 2021

Your attachment shows what I want to accomplish, but I can't find where to make the changes. When I select Freja 8 in the Surfaces tab I can't find anything that applies to the tattoos. Base color for her face just show as white and the image is of her un-tattooed skin. Same with the Default Templates listed there. Is there somewhere else I should be looking for where I can actually do the manipulation you did?

Thanks!

Edit:  Oops. I found what you were talking about. I wasn't manipulating the actual gemoetry shell... Got it now. THANK YOU!!!

Post edited by burdenad on