Camel?

will shetterlywill shetterly Posts: 278
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

Daz used to sell a camel, then stopped. There are still poses being sold for it as part of the "Alpha Male Combat Old World" pack, and I think there are rider poses as well with some other packages, so I'm wondering:

1. Why was the camel discontinued?

2. Will the camel (or a new camel) be available someday?

3. Do people recommend any particular camels elsewhere? I have found some on other sites, but I'd slightly prefer to buy one at Daz on a sale day using my PC discount.

Comments

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

Daz used to sell a camel, then stopped. There are still poses being sold for it as part of the "Alpha Male Combat Old World" pack, and I think there are rider poses as well with some other packages, so I'm wondering:

1. Why was the camel discontinued?

2. Will the camel (or a new camel) be available someday?

3. Do people recommend any particular camels elsewhere? I have found some on other sites, but I'd slightly prefer to buy one at Daz on a sale day using my PC discount.

1. Look here: www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/41315/#606029.

2. Only DAZ demigods know and they won't share any information until the grand sale.

3. TurboSquid has several camels. The prices are very high, but you can also find a free one, one for $5, $6,80 or $9,99 - the quality varies.

• will shetterlywill shetterly Posts: 278
    edited December 1969

1. Thanks!

2. :) It seems odd that a store as large as Daz's doesn't include a camel, but everyone has their quirks.

3. I'll probably go with the Turbosquid $9.99 one. It's got great expressions. But I won't need it for a few weeks, so if anyone from Daz is reading this, you've got a little time to give them some competition.

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

1. Thanks!

2. :) It seems odd that a store as large as Daz's doesn't include a camel, but everyone has their quirks.

3. I'll probably go with the Turbosquid $9.99 one. It's got great expressions. But I won't need it for a few weeks, so if anyone from Daz is reading this, you've got a little time to give them some competition.

My pleasure. I would also ask Lyne, she makes very nice free animals.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

1. Thanks!

My pleasure. I would also ask Lyne, she makes very nice free animals.

She used to make Commercial animals. She is releasing her old, previously commercial, animals as freebies, but they are as old (some of them) as the old DAZ camel. She no longer releases any new animals.

• will shetterlywill shetterly Posts: 278
    edited December 1969

I just found Lyne's site. Thanks for the suggestion! Now I'm off to see what she has to offer....

People in the Poser/Daz community are amazingly generous.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Yes sorry I should have included the Link to Lyne's site http://www.lynescreations.com/lynesfree.htm Some very useful animal freebies, including a roadrunner, but no camel.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,865
    edited December 1969

maybe somebody can do a morph for horse2?
    I mean MStories did a llama after all