Posing Genesis 8 figures is VERY slow

I usually use gen 3 so this hasn't been mich of an issue but as I've moved onto gen 8, whenever I attempt to pose a gen8 figure, it is VERY slow. For example, when I attempt to bend an arm or leg, it's a slow process as opposed to gen 3 figures which are immediate. Everything else runs smoothly when I run daz except for posing gen 8 figures. Even loading them is quick. I have display optimization set to best, so I'm confused.

What is the reason for this and what can I do to help it move faster? Thanks.

Comments

• I don't know if this help. I do my G8 posing in texture shaded or wireframe mode.  In Iray mode, the drawing speed is slower.

• I should have specified. I always pose in texture mode, so this is ocurring in texture mode.

• I don't experience any noticeable change in speed between using, say, Genesis 3 or 8.

But I do wonder: is it possible that you're using dForce components? The other day I was messing around with iRay and a Genesis 8 figure (Frostine, a really intruiging figure IMO) and I applied a dForce enabled hair (dForce Sea Salt) without realizing it. Well, that was the end of my modelling session ('inspiration') because after I had applied that it took 5 - 10 seconds before I could move an arm, and once I was done moving it would take the system yet another few seconds to settle down.

At first I didn't understand what was happening, but once I realized the dForce hair... I removed it and things went right back to normal.

Could something like this also be happening on your end?

• Yes, dForce hair needs to smooth after every change. Turn smoothing off on the hair temporarily whilst you set up the scene helps a lot