Morph target not imported in Unreal

rmandesermandese Posts: 14
edited February 2021 in Unreal Discussion

Hello,

I'm new with Daz and I tried Daz to Unreal for export a model with morph target from daz to Unreal. I don't know why in my imported Unreal character I don't see any morph target. I checked the option for morph target and I add in the tab for the morph target export all the morph target available, but not function. 

Can you help me?

Thanks.

Post edited by rmandese on

Comments

• What morph was it?  Or is this happening for all morphs?

• Hi David,

thank you for your answer. This happening for all morphs.

• Hello,

this is a video of the problem:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LmaHu9T1ziiIIEd_xNe6OcK9ksn8K_SG/view?usp=sharing

I use Unreal Engine 4.26.1 and this plugin dazToUnreal -> https://github.com/David-Vodhanel/DazToRuntime/archive/master.zip

• With Genesis8Male it works fine, but with EmotiGuy I have this problem :(

• I've never tried it with EmotiGuy.  I'll give it a shot.

• Bryan SteagallBryan Steagall Posts: 233
    edited February 2021

Hi Mandese

This doesn't have anything to do with the plugin unfortunately,  somewhere between versions 4.12 and 4.15, DAZ  removed the ability to export morphs that are placed specifically on the head.  You will notice that in the fbx export settings, none are visible, even though through the plugin you can see them.  I used to export head. morphs instead of the ones named Genesisxxx to keep things simple when doing facial mocap.  Minor nuisance with genesis characters, but this effectively stops you from exporting anything legacy, that had morphs placed on the head.   I've tried several different ways, but none seem to work.  Hopefully David can find a way to bypass this.   If I need to export an old character, I will use beta 4.12.2.6 which I have installed on another machine, which still has this capability, but I don't think the UE plugin works in this versiohn

Post edited by Bryan Steagall on
  • Yea, those are set up different than what I'm familiar with.  You might want to try this http://davidvodhanel.com/daz-to-unreal-transferring-morphs-on-geografts/

Not sure if it will work.

• Hello,

thanks for your support, I resolved this problem.

This is a video tutorial that explain how can be resolved. I hope that it can helps other with same problem :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jpWs1UNvS70jARk45A0sjvtzE3VwFUg_/view?usp=sharing

• Thanks for sharing.

• DryreLDryreL Posts: 29

I have same problem. Morphs are visible on Maya but Unreal Engine does not show any of them. Any idea?

Daz3D 4.20

Unreal Engine 4.26.2

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390

DryreL said:

I have same problem. Morphs are visible on Maya but Unreal Engine does not show any of them. Any idea?

Daz3D 4.20

Unreal Engine 4.26.2

what version you are using and you are sure unreal plugging settings are proper marked to import morph targets? you must check the pluging configurations or unreal itself importing menu if morph targets is being proper marked, if you by any means disable it importing others stuffs not daz related it will also affect daz too, you must make sure import morph target is proper marked. 

• DryreL said:

Daz3D 4.20

Unreal Engine 4.26.2

I'm not a Maya user, but I do use Blender, and there are some things you can't do in Blender in order for morphs to work properly. Namely, you cannot apply any modifiers during export, otherwise the morphs will not work. Maybe it's a similar case for Maya. Make sure ALL modifiers on your mesh(es) are either applied or removed before export. And of course double check you have "import morph targets" checked in the import dialogue.

As a side note, before I learned how to use morphs properly, I used to get weird flickering when adjusting morphs in Unreal, as if the morph was switching rapidly from 0-1 every frame. This was either due to improper scaling, or incorrect vertex normals. In any case, I learned the proper way to scale models in Blender for use in Unreal and set the vertex normals to "Compute" in the import options and the problem hasn't occured since.

• The video on how to fix this has been removed, So back to the problem not being fixed. 

I am on Daz 4.20 and UE5 and none of Morphs I am sending are being loaded into UE5? What is causing this issue?