How to start with Fluidos.

Hi all.

I just bought Fluidos (1 not 2) and cant find how to create 'new fluidos domain'. there is nothing showing in my create tab that mentiones fluidos. I am a novice but can figure most things out, except this. I use Daz Central and it is showing as installed under assets and plugins. There is a setup failure pops up when i install the plugin for 'microsoft Visual C++ 2017' as it says there is another version installed. I have 2 newer versions than 2017 if thats causing the problem. I welcome any thoughts as I don't want to have wasted my money.

TIA 

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,442

Does Fluidos show in the Help -> About Installed Plugins... dialog? If so, did you enter your serial no.?

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,849

Have you read the manual and watched the tutorial?

• NorthOf45 said:

Does Fluidos show in the Help -> About Installed Plugins... dialog? If so, did you enter your serial no.?

There isn't any reference to fliudos in the 'About Installed Plugins' for me to enter the serial code. I have a code from Daz Central though. 

I have checked the manuals and watched the provided vid clip but it seems to assume i have the option to create 'new fluidos domain'

thanks.

If it does not show in the list of plugins, then it has not installed properly, if at all, so that's a dead stop right there. Was Studio running when you installed it? That will certainly interfere. Uninstall and try again with Studio not running. The C++ libraries shouldn't cause a problem if you have a later version, they should be backward compatible.

• spalding1968spalding1968 Posts: 2
    edited February 2021

Thanks for your input. I've tried every way I can think of to install it but nothing has added the plug-in. I've used DIM, daz central and direct from studio. I uninstalled the C++ and got fluidos to install without any errors referring to C++ but it still wouldn't show a plug-in. I've contacted Daz store to try and get a refund as the provided installer and docs don't give me a fit for purpose app. It was in a sale and there is a new version out. Will have to lick my wounds before considering the version 2 though.

Post edited by spalding1968 on

Installing via DAZ Studio (Connect) is probably not a good idea, since Studio is running when you do that, and it overrides other installation methods. Uninstall from Studio (and everywhere else), and try from DIM or Central with Studio closed.

Check out other threads about Fluidos (version 1 threads are still available) for some leads on installation problems. I know it was a problem for some, but there are too many posts to just browse through to pinpoint an answer:

[Updated to V1.3 - now MacOS support] FLUIDOS: a fluids simulator plugin for Daz Studio (commercial)

and probably several others from users.

For research on V2:

FLUIDOS II for Daz Studio - update 2.1 [commercial]

• Plug-ins cannot be installed trough Connect in any event.

• origionally i installed it from Central, as i do with everything so far. It's only when it didnt work that i started trying other methods. there is a very technical 'manual' method that I'm not even gonna look at twice. I'll just continue learning what I've already got then might look into fluidos 2 in the future. Thanks for all the tips I've received.

stay safe.

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,412

Hi!

Sorry, I've didn't see this thread.

You have to register the plugin using you serial number:
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3916516/#Comment_3916516