Help - Dforce explosion fringe on moccasins

DarthDDarthD Posts: 259

Any ideas on what to adjust to make the fringe on these moccasins work with dforce? I applied dforce modifier and weight map, leaving only the fringe weighted but they explode shortly after starting simulation. I've played around with a few settings but I don't really know what I'm doing. 

Moccasin Boots from 3dUniverse 

Everyday | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D

everyday-1.jpg
500 x 650 - 91K
Post edited by DarthD on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,199

I don't have them

Try to look at the mesh (Wire texture shaded). dForce prefer somewhat equally quads.

If the mesh at the top of the fringes are uneven, you could try limiting the actual fringes to be affected by dForce.

• DarthDDarthD Posts: 259

Here is a mesh view

Boots.PNG
    830 x 594 - 298K

DarthD said:

Here is a mesh view

The mesh on the fringes look nice, and I wouldn't assume that that should cause any problems. I would assume that the bow could cause it.

How have you weightpainted the boot?

• DarthDDarthD Posts: 259
    edited February 2021

I had originally painted it up to the top of the fringe, covering the small quad. I also had the bow mapped. After removing the bow and lowering the painted section it seems to be working. Now the problem I am seeing is, durring animation, some of the fringe from one boot touches the other boot and grabs hold, stretching it. I'm adjusting friction and collision right now. This picture was taken while simulating. The fringe is poking through the inside of the boot becasue I have collision turned off rifght now for the boot, while self collide is still on for the fringe.

Boots2.PNG
    624 x 597 - 144K
    Post edited by DarthD on

The weightpaint also looks fine.

What concerns me is these fringes that looks like it is on the inside of the boots - that could cause trouble. It is best if the dForce enabled mesh not is interfering with other mesh, when the simulation starts.

Also I don't know what pose you are achieving, because dForce doesn't like to get trapped, i.e. so the mesh can't move.

I would try just placing the boots without character and see if that also causes dForce to explode.