Geograft it works, but now I'm not able to select anything

I created a geograft using a tutorial by SickleYield on YouTube. I got the graft made and could select parts of it. Except once I ran it through the transfer utility in order to make it conform with the figure. After that I cannot select any part of the geograft. It is a tail like in the tutorial because I am testing out this feature. I would like to make more and different things, but I need to figure out what is wrong here. How can I keep the node group selections? Is there a way? Is there a simple way to perhaps put them back?

If anyone can shed some light on this, I would be grateful. 

Comments

• When you have a figure fitted to another figure selection with a node tool drops through to the base figure's matching bone, and after running the Transfer utility all the bones in the GeoGraft will be from the base figure. Right-click would allow selection of the bone on the fitted figure, as would the Scene pane hierarchy; presuambly for a tail you are going to add custom bones and those - if thye have selection groups assigned - would be selectable by direct click.

• CyrinadiaCyrinadia Posts: 143

I had this issue. I found that for some reason all of the polys had been assigned to the Pelvis or Spine (Genesis 9). I used the Geometry Editing Tool to reassign the polys to their respective Face Groups.

To do that: go to Geometry Tool, then the Tool Setting tab. Remove all polys from the incorrect item by selecting the group, Right Clicking the group and selecting Remove Selected Group. This will then open up the ability to select with the Geometry Tool brush. Use the Brush and reselect the polys that you used originally. Right click in viewport, Geometry Assignment> Assign to Face Group, and reselect the appropriate bone from the list. Do this for all the bones. This should make them selectable again. (Yet to test, been redoing my tail ;P )

• Cyrinadia said:

I had this issue. I found that for some reason all of the polys had been assigned to the Pelvis or Spine (Genesis 9). I used the Geometry Editing Tool to reassign the polys to their respective Face Groups.

To do that: go to Geometry Tool, then the Tool Setting tab. Remove all polys from the incorrect item by selecting the group, Right Clicking the group and selecting Remove Selected Group. This will then open up the ability to select with the Geometry Tool brush. Use the Brush and reselect the polys that you used originally. Right click in viewport, Geometry Assignment> Assign to Face Group, and reselect the appropriate bone from the list. Do this for all the bones. This should make them selectable again. (Yet to test, been redoing my tail ;P )

I tried this but if I reassign the polys to the face group that matches the bone, the polys will assign but I still can't select it in viewport. Do you know how to fix this?