Mirhelle's Fantasy Hair Pack not loading properly

I hope I'm putting this under the right section, but I recently bought Mirhelle's Fantasy Hair Pack but it doesn't load properly.  I've tried using Install Manager, uninstalling it there, then Daz Central, uninstalling it there, and finally manual download and unzipping it...but I still get the same problem.  Is anyone else having this issue, or is it just me?

MRL's Fantasy Hair Pack Glitch.png
1920 x 1080 - 408K

Comments

• You need a newer version of Daz Studio for dForce Hair (as opposed to dForce cloth used for hair).

• VueiyVueiy Posts: 530

Richard Haseltine said:

You need a newer version of Daz Studio for dForce Hair (as opposed to dForce cloth used for hair).

I had the newest version (w/ Filament), but rolled it back b/c suddenly all my iray stuff didn't work.  I thought I rolled it back to the update just before Filament, but it's possible I went further back.  By any chance do you (or anyone else for that matter) know which version is most updated before Filament?

• Vueiy said:

Richard Haseltine said:

You need a newer version of Daz Studio for dForce Hair (as opposed to dForce cloth used for hair).

I had the newest version (w/ Filament), but rolled it back b/c suddenly all my iray stuff didn't work.  I thought I rolled it back to the update just before Filament, but it's possible I went further back.  By any chance do you (or anyone else for that matter) know which version is most updated before Filament?

If Iray stopped working entirely it could simply be the driver, which could be fixed by updating tio a newer one, although it could also be that your mdoel of nVidia GPU is no longer supported. Either way CPU rendering should still work. I can't recall the exact version that introduced dForce hair, but I think it was 4.12.x.x

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

At least DS 4.12.0.86 was very stable and had dForce.
    Skipped DS 4.14 all together due to the problems people were having but installed DS 4.15.02 for Genesis 8.1, it has some minor quirks maybe twice a week, but not bad.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,319

Support for dForce hair was first added in the DS4.11.0.366 Beta (in May 2019) - I don't know which General Release was the first to have it, but certainly anything DS4.12.0 upwards would do.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,389

Richard Haseltine said:

I can't recall the exact version that introduced dForce hair, but I think it was 4.12.x.x

It was added in 4.11
  • Leana said:

Richard Haseltine said:

I can't recall the exact version that introduced dForce hair, but I think it was 4.12.x.x

It was added in 4.11

Thanks. Doesn't time fly?