Moving expression dials on G8F

TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,677

OK, having a weird issue here. I used DSF toolbox, trying to change the location of a few expression dial sets. I changed the "group" setting from "/Pose Controls/Head/Expressions/godin/100 Useful Expressions/Anger and Malice" to "/Pose Controls/Head/Expressions/100 Useful Expressions/Anger and Malice", saved the files. I closed DS then reopenned it, loaded in G8F, but the expressions are still appearing in a subsection called godin. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I reopenned the files to make sure the change sticked, and it still appears to have "/Pose Controls/Head/Expressions/100 Useful Expressions/Anger and Malice" in the group box. I am thinking I must be missing something, but what, I dunno lol.

Post edited by TheKD on

Comments

• Have no idea if this will help or not. There was "one" time when, in order to convince D/S to read the data files correctly, I actually had to reboot the computer.

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,677
    edited February 2021

Oh man, hope that wasn't it, I just deleted them in a fit of rage haha. I haven't rebooted or shut down this machine in months.

Post edited by TheKD on
  • Still in the bin?

edited February 2021

I live dangerously and shift delete :P   Still got the installer in case I wanna try editing the files again. In the process of pruning my data files to make room for when I decide to start jumping into the g8.1 craze.

Post edited by TheKD on
  • Okay.

I have not yet updated from 4.12 so the new shaders for V8.1 won't work - and some other new presets won't work BUT G8.1 loads real fast! 4.12 does not read the data files from 8 over to 8.1 :-) I can move over copies of any data files I want to 8.1's basket so it can have autofit-clones etc. I rather like the super fast load though.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

Which part of the figure you have selected, the base or the head?

If you have the head selected, did you remember to change the code inside the Aliases as well?

The aliases are what I was editing. I figured since you had to edit aliases to add the png cards to stick, the same would hold true for the location of the dials.

• If you manually open the data file in a text editor [NoteTab Light for example], search for the word "group" ... that is where it the location would be showing on the Parameters Panel.