Characters Not Deleting

Ever since 4.14 DAZ has had issues deleting characters when i am done with a scene and I want to change it. Characters in the scene cause DAZ to lock up and crash if there are 3 or more. Why is this an issue even?

I have a scene with 5 charcters, 3 are to be deleted but any attempt to do so causes the program to lock up. This never happened with 4.12 which always worked smoothly. Is this a lost cause and the whole scene is now trash?

Comments

• Lock up for how long?

• pzrldraltpzrldralt Posts: 29
    edited February 2021

The program locks up solid, it has "(Not Responding) at the top of the screen. This appears as soon as you try to delete a character. I also noticed that dforce hair causes the same thing. The hair caps fail to delete, the program locks up and you have to close the program from the tool bar. Currently I am trying to delete the G3 Demon character Aran, this happened with him and the program has been running for more than 30 minutes now and is unresponsive.

I just loaded a premade character set of 3 characters and tried to delete one. The exact same thing happens, the program locks up right away and stays locked up until you close it in the Win tool bar. My toon sets are 3 or 4 charcters pre made and ready to use. Currently... none are now usable.

Post edited by pzrldralt on
  • SpaciousSpacious Posts: 481

Are you trying to delete figures with the iray preview running?  I've absentmindedly tried to do this a few times and it really does seem like it's never going to finish, but it always does eventually.  Definitely took even longer when I accidentally did this with the new 4.15 version, I'll admit I stopped DAZ with the task manager this most recent time because I really don't think it was going to finish.  Pretty much every piece of software I run for music creation, graphics, 3D displays the "not responding" warning pretty regularly while it's functioning perfectly well on my pretty new, pretty powerful, should be plenty of memory computer.  It's annoying sometimes but not anything to really worry about most of the time.

Do you have a huge content library?  Did your content library get a lot bigger around the same time you updated to you said this started with 4.14?  This really sounds more related to the same troubles everyone else also seems to have with ever increasing load and delete times, and that's got pretty much nothing to do with any particular version of DAZ.  Definitely adding or deleting multiple figures at the same time takes even longer than just one.  Lot's of threads about that.  You can look at your log, and compare it to the numerous others who have posted their's and see if it's pretty much the same mile long list of warnings and errors as everyone else.  There's tons of ideas about how to solve the problem on all of the threads, but it's unclear if anyone is making any progress so far.

Personally I've been using it as an opportunity to stretch my legs, take the dog out, get a snack, or whatever.  Kind of a forced break, which really I sort of need to be forced to do anyway.

• The library is around 2500 DAZ items and about 500 3ed party items. Last night I loaded a new scene with just the building I was going to start a new scene with. I didn't like it so I deleted it.... (Not Responding) showed up again. This is rather annoying and very time consuming. The last time I tried to let it run it's course while I watched a movie it still wasn't done after 30 minutes. I think the program has gotten to be and complex with to many features. I never had this issue in 4.12.