Edit: question on doing a reinstall of content

Thought I did everything right.

Interim Backups daily to external USB drive.

Checked image-Consolidate images and move those to NAS weekly.

Crash. New Drive.

Cool my backup is only a day old.

Aaaand - restore fails.

I have been using a paid version of Easeus Todo backup.

Looking for something else now.

Anyone do a restore from another package they recomnend? I'm looking at Acronis while I wait 3 more hours for Easeus tech support to open and see if they can recover my back up.

Fingers crossed.

At least my CMS is intact so I can reload my Daz content. Good time to try out RiverSoft Art's content Manager for all the 3rd party stuff.

Any tips on making a fresh install less painful is welcome.

Shame about my Presets, scene files ... Need to stop before I throw my machine out the window.

Post edited by Umi no Senshi no Ishi on

Comments

• I noticed that my reinstall of Daz Studio (4.15) that my personal menu settings remain (just not linked to anything while waiting for content. For example my EJ Scripts and V3Digitimes menu headings are still there.)

I thought I'd take advantage of the above clamity to get a bigger HDD (arriving today Thank you Overlord Amazon). 

So question: Should I remove all my personal menu and workspace settings? Or will they be cool once "I reinstall all the content files?

I'm guessing the settings were saved in the roaming data folder in Windows (I install using default except instead of C: (OS) I use D:).