Floor length hair help

Okay so I got the new floor length hair asset and I'm having trouble with some of the collision problems whenever I hit simulate most of her hair hits the floor but some of it clips through I was wondering if there was a setting somewhere that I can dial up to keep the hair from clipping through the floor. I'm also new to Dforce assets or at least using them properly so any help would be appreciated. mind you this is not a life and death deal I can live with the end product as is but I was just curious

Comments

• SpaciousSpacious Posts: 481

I'm not familiar with that hair at all, but sounds like the floor may not have enough geometry to stop the hair strands from falling through.  Are you trying to simulate this in an environment?  Just in a fresh sceene with no environment?  EIther way, try placing a DAZ plane primitive with a lot of divisions, not subdivisions because those wont help, under you figure, at the same level as the floor is or should be, and that should help.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,382

Try this:

1. create your scene including character with floor length hair etc.
    2. create a plane primitive  large enough for hair spillage and place it on the ground below your figure (important, that it must be visible in the scene).
    3. Deselect everything and Simulate Dforce using the animated from starting pose.
    4. When you render, delete the primitive.  Often G8F clothes come with a simulation plane for this purpose.