Error preparing objects to simulate

I've been getting "Error preparing objects to simulate" error a LOT in Daz Studio 4.15.02 and with all different outfits, etc.  After a couple of tries, DS usually crashes to desktop and the crash bug report thingy pops up.

The log file shows something like the following:

2021-02-15 09:36:35.637 Found 258 unused vert(s) on the geometry of node "Genesis 8 Female". Removing unused vert(s) from sim.
2021-02-15 09:36:36.656 WARNING: ..\..\..\src\dzdynamicsengine.cpp(2489): ERROR: clEnqueueMapBuffer (-36)
2021-02-15 09:36:36.897 Total Simulation Time: 1.49 seconds

Windows 10 Creators, 32 Gb Ram, 2080ti, Current Studio driver. Simulated in texture-shaded preview.

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,046
    edited February 2021

I have had that latest beta too

was a Windows update yesterday too

eventually I did get it to work saving the scene and rebooting my PC

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I have had that latest beta too

was a Windows update yesterday too

eventually I did get it to work saving the scene and rebooting my PC

I often get it to work eventually, but rebooting your PC shouldn't need to be part of our, you know, "workflow". 

• SpaciousSpacious Posts: 481
    edited February 2021

I had this happen to me a few days after updating to the general release of 4.15.  It turned out to be because Windows had overwritten my GPU driver when it updated.  I'm thinking that these newest versions of iray may be more dependent on the latest drivers.  For whatever it's worth, Nvidia recomend the studio drivers for this type of work.  I've started just checking for a new nvidia driver or reinstalling the same old one over again after every Windows update and before I open DAZ just in case.  It usually seems not to require a restart even when it is a new version for me, so it's pretty fast.  Maybe this will help.

Edit: it occurs to me that this has also happened because of my system just running out of memory because I neglected to hide a bunch of background objects and have several figures in a sceene tryinfg to sim a few items I want to interact with each other at the same time.  Maybe also once when I forgot to go back out of iray preview before clicking the sim button.

Post edited by Spacious on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

Spacious said:

I had this happen to me a few days after updating to the general release of 4.15.  It turned out to be because Windows had overwritten my GPU driver when it updated.  I'm thinking that these newest versions of iray may be more dependent on the latest drivers.  For whatever it's worth, Nvidia recomend the studio drivers for this type of work.  I've started just checking for a new nvidia driver or reinstalling the same old one over again after every Windows update and before I open DAZ just in case.  It usually seems not to require a restart even when it is a new version for me, so it's pretty fast.  Maybe this will help.

Edit: it occurs to me that this has also happened because of my system just running out of memory because I neglected to hide a bunch of background objects and have several figures in a sceene tryinfg to sim a few items I want to interact with each other at the same time.  Maybe also once when I forgot to go back out of iray preview before clicking the sim button.

As mentioned in the OP, I'm using the current Studio driver.  There was nothing else in the scene. 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,046
    edited February 2021

I updated Geforce Experience too (which tells me if there is a new driver) and it still says I have the latest

980ti has no studio driver and I must start saving my DAZ builds again as Nvidia is dropping older cards like bricks

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • SpaciousSpacious Posts: 481

I thought I had was using the current studio driver too.  nVidia settings confirmed that, but still reinstalling the same file again, still sitting in my download folder, after a windows update fixed it.  Might be worth a try.

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I updated Geforce Experience too (which tells me if there is a new driver) and it still says I have the latest

980ti has no studio driver and I must start saving my DAZ builds again as Nvidia is dropping older cards like bricks

I've got a GTX 970 and I'm using the NVIDIA Game Ready driver (461.92)  with DS 4.15 and haven't had any problems.