converting Poser files to DAZ files

Is it possible to convert files for Poser based products to DAZ files? The reason I ask is because I would like to add some of theese Poser products to my comtent pane. I am using DAZ 4.12. 

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,390

Depends what you mean by that.

If you meant "use a character made for one of the poser figures like LaFemme on a Genesis figure" then the answer is no.

If you simply want to use content provided in Poser format, then for most content you can already use it in DS directly, no need for conversion. Everything from the V4 era is in Poser format for example.
    Some types of content won't work in DS, like poser dynamics hair, procedural materials, morphs using PMD injection, or poser weightmapped figures, but otherwise they usually work fine with a bit of material adjustments. They usually don't have metadata so won't be found in Smart Content though, you'll need to categorize them yourself if you want to see them there.

• I'll make one correction here. In the materials folder or pose folder, if it's MC6 and it has images in a texture folder, you can use those materials, however, things like specular, displacement and bumps, that sort of thing, don't always carry over to Daz and you have to adjust them under the surfaces tab to get the right look. Procedural however, I can't answer on that one, I have no idea what it is...lol  I just didn't want you to think you couldn't use Poser materials in Daz, so long as they come with images in the texture folder you can use them.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,390

Faeryl Womyn said:

I'll make one correction here. In the materials folder or pose folder, if it's MC6 and it has images in a texture folder, you can use those materials, however, things like specular, displacement and bumps, that sort of thing, don't always carry over to Daz and you have to adjust them under the surfaces tab to get the right look.

DS basically ignores all settings for the material room nodes, it will only take settings like diffuse, transparency, basic bump, reflection, and specular strength (not specular maps). Everything else is ignored. And even those may need adjustment.

Procedural however, I can't answer on that one, I have no idea what it is...lol

A procedural material is basically one which is computed from a mathematical algorithm. They often use a noise generator as a base for computation. One of their good side is that they don't depend on the object's UVs,

• Thanks Leana