dForce not working for some reason - Solved

nabob21nabob21 Posts: 961

Hello,

I am trying out dForce for the first time but I am having problems with Daz Studio freezing and the simulation not running. I am not doing anything complicated, I am just trying to follow the basic Daz 101 dforce tutorial. Here is what I have done:

1, Add a Base Genesis 8F to the scene. I don't use any morphs.

2. I add the Bardot top and skirt to the character.

3. I add a pose to the character.

4. In the simulation tab I make sure that I am starting from a memorized pose (A-pose) and that I start from the current frame.

5. I then click simulate and the simulation seems to start but it doesn't ever progress beyond that, and in the simulation pop-up it says that Daz Studio is not responding (see attachment).

I have let the program sit for several minutes to see if any progress is ever made but nothing ever happens and I have to force the program to shut down as cancel doesn't work.I have repeated this test several times but it always ends the same. It should be noted that the first time I ran it it gave me a message about having to re-calculate something (kernels?) so I did do that and then tried running the simulation. I only got that message the first time I tried to run dforce and have not seem it since. Does anyone know why the simulation is freezing? I am really just running the same tutorial that is on the Daz site and I am not doing anything differently. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

nabob21

Capture.JPG
1482 x 939 - 143K
Post edited by nabob21 on

Comments

• What is the OpenCL device selected in the Advanced tab of Simulation Settings?

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 961

I checked and I found that it wasn't set to my graphics card. I fixed that and now it seems to be running as it should. Thanks Richard.