Victoria 8.1 crashes my program upon trying to load the figure

Lucca1993Lucca1993 Posts: 25

[Victoria 8.1 crashes my program upon trying to load the figure] If anyone else is having this problem please let me know how you fixed it much obliged

Edited for Please put your question in the post body and the title - Daz 3D Forums

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• How about the Genesis 8.1 Female base? Which version of Daz Studio (Help>About Daz Studio)? is there anything in the log file (Help>Troubleshooting>View Log File; try opening it, then load Victoria 8.1, then go back to the log file - with luck the editor will see it has been updated and offer to reload it, at which point the end of the file will have any relevant messages.

• As of 4.15 now not only cant I do a render... But the application itself no longer opens. The opening screen shows up for a Time and then it says not responding. I'm never going to spend another red cent on any asset for this program ever again.
  • As of 4.15 now not only cant I do a render... But the application itself no longer opens. The opening screen shows up for a Time and then it says not responding. I'm never going to spend another red cent on any asset for this program ever again.
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,104

I have been using 4.15 Beta since it came out and have never had that problem. Check your graphic card driver is the latest from nVidia.

• It seems to be 4.15 . Now I can't even open the program
  • I'll try. I have a potato computer
  • RobinsonRobinson Posts: 751

Has it always done that (4.15)?  Try updating your NVIDIA drivers.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Threads merged as they both had responses.

• Merged with another thread since they seem to be a continuation of the same issue.

Is DS set to load a scene on opening, or are you opening it by double-clicking a scene file?

• Rich. I'm just opening by clicking the desktop icon
  • And it isn't set to load anything on launch, just an empty stage? Can you recall which preview style it was using? Also, had you force-quit (closed DS from task Manager or the Mac equivalent) recently?

• Rich. I did have to not long ago because I got the black screen that happens also it should be noted that I use a radian graphics card because I'm poor and I don't know that I have NVIDIA drivers or if that would even help
  • It says connecting to CMS and then it won't go any further than that
  • Pic
    IMG_20210215_110720342.jpg
    3072 x 4096 - 4M
  • The restore option won't work either
    IMG_20210215_110837224.jpg
    3072 x 4096 - 7M
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,104

Look in Task manager and see if PostgreSQL is loaded. It looks as if it isn't finding the internal port it needs to run or else PostgreSQL isn't installed.

• @Fish     Install manager wont even open now.  

•  

okay...i rebooted my pc and it seems to be loading normaly now?