Again

And once again as always with a update that seems to happen every other so 4.14 rolled around and the saving then trying to render issue was gone

Now with 4.15 once again I'm back in the same annoying situation as before I planned ahead but for whatever reason the backup I have wont work and I have no other way of returning to 4.14 I've opened a ticket but the last one took months for them to respond (I understand why) 

What happens if I have a scene it don't matter what figure it is Genesis 8 - Victoria 4 it will always crash and cause a entire restart of my PC if I save then try to render without fully restarting first! Extremely annoying if your trying to do a few scenes one after the other I am at a loss why it does this I';ve sent a request for 4.14.1.22  but I'm not sure when or if ill get it.. 

:(

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

How did you do your backup? - You can always download a current version from your Product Library and stash it somewhere safe, just in case.

What is your log saying when you try starting DS?
    "C:\Users\[Your user name]\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\log.txt"

• On Win 7 with manual install, before installing the new version, I rename the '/Program Files/DAZ Studio 4' directory to the name of the old version - say 'Daz Studio 4.10'. Then I install the new version with the default settings. The old version in the 'Daz Studio 4.10' directory seems to be a fully working edition of 4.10. I have 4.11 and 4.12 like this too, and am currently working on 4.14. I want the initial 4.15 bugs cleared up before I go to 4.15. I know this doesn't help at the moment, but it may save future grief. Regards, Richard.
  • I believe his point.... Is that he SHOULDN'T HAVE TO
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

Lucca1993 said:

I believe his point.... Is that he SHOULDN'T HAVE TO

Then one should do ones homework before jumping on the upgrade bandwagon - Every upgrade to whatever can change how things work, change what's supported and has it's own bugs and problems.

• DxC09DxC09 Posts: 34

Thanks and yes I did do my "Homework" or so I thought but it updated itself anyway and the copy I had saved (that was working) failed me so its my fault for not being as thougouh with it!  But again I should not have to fear any updates or releases frown I'm hoping that the ticket I submited will prove helpful or give me the version that wont cause this irratating issue 

And when I have that Im going to put it on a External HD! But knowing my luck the thing will probably get lost or break  indecision

• DAZCentral auto updated the program. There was no choice in the matter. I prefer 4.12 as it worked near flawlessly. NEVER update a program without excensive testing of all aspects of it's operation. Anything else is poor workmanship.

• Lucca1993 said:

I believe his point.... Is that he SHOULDN'T HAVE TO

I wouldn't disagree for a single second.

Software should always be fit for purpose.

But 30 years of experience with program upgrades is that the first release of an upgrade always un-corrects most of the bug-fixes introduced in the previous stable editions. For a period of 10 years with Finite Element software I could only use every other release as the even numbered releases uncorrected every bug-fix introduced in the odd numbered releases, so becoming unfit for purpose. After 10 years of this I threw my toys out of the pram and used a different system. 

Regards,

Richard

• pzrldralt said:

DAZCentral auto updated the program. There was no choice in the matter. I prefer 4.12 as it worked near flawlessly. NEVER update a program without excensive testing of all aspects of it's operation. Anything else is poor workmanship.

I've not encountered an update through Daz central, but I don't think it will do anything without confirmation from the user - though you might need to close a reminder screen, as you do in Install Manager, for incomplete products.