Graphic card advice.

Hi everybody,

I plan to buy a new graphical card and I would like to know if it's better to choose a RTX 3060 Ti (4864 cuda cores and 8 Gb of memory) or  RTX 3060 (3584 cuda cores and 12 Gb of memory)...

Thanks

Comments

• How big are your scenes?

• onixonix Posts: 282

Memory is more critical than Cuda cores, with more cores rendering will be faster, but you will be far more limited and always in danger that your scene may not fit 

Also as I noticed if you are running rendering near the memory limits you are far more likely to experience crashes  (about 2-3 GB will be also used by windows and other things leaving you only about 5 GB for your scene 12 GB GPU will practically double memory available for your scene.

For this day 8GB GPU is the bare minimum  which cour even considered for an upgrade

• Tkanks for your advice

• KrollMoll_2fb225a72d said:

Hi everybody,

I plan to buy a new graphical card and I would like to know if it's better to choose a RTX 3060 Ti (4864 cuda cores and 8 Gb of memory) or  RTX 3060 (3584 cuda cores and 12 Gb of memory)...

Thanks

I'd go with the higher VRAM, if your scene is out of memory, the speed won't do you any good.