How is HeadShop 13 for realism? It is Worth buying? Please help.

I have used Headshop since the beginning days of Faceshop. I have never liked the way the eyes look. Has it fixed the eyes, so they don't appear like holes or just plain off? 

I am also curious if there's other 3D face modelers that are better from pictures, or is Headshop 13 the way to go and worth it?

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,258
    edited February 2021

JENR8 said:

I have used Headshop since the beginning days of Faceshop. I have never liked the way the eyes look. Has it fixed the eyes, so they don't appear like holes or just plain off? 

I am also curious if there's other 3D face modelers that are better from pictures, or is Headshop 13 the way to go and worth it?

Worth it? That's rather subjective. We have 3 ways to make likenesses from pictures, each plugin or program has its pros and cons. Face Transfer you already have in D/S so you can discover how much you like or {don't} that one.

FaceGen is the other one which will make morphs and textures for Genesis through to G8. I have been having some fun with that one. If you want to see some examples, in the freebies thread - the one suggesting to be nice, I've shared a few ;-) Accuracy does require mastering where one places the dots. It has an option to "keep the eyes round" which I do use.

HeadShop13 places the dots for us :-) I just leave those dots where it places them. It does a better job than I do. I don't recall it messing up the eyes.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • JENR8JENR8 Posts: 100

Thank you so much! I have a niece who loves Cyber Punk and video games and I love making her things. She is a sweetie and it makes me happy to see her excited with digital creations to match a video game character. I just don't know if I should spend the dough.

• When in doubt, wait. Could be a big sale in March ;-) {March Madness sale usually happens then}

In the meantime, it's quite possible that one of the characters you already have, plus the morphs you may already have for the figure - could be manipulated to look close enough to the desired character. The skin, hair and clothes make the full character of course.

• I have headshop 12. havent upgraded to 13. so far its the most used out of 3 because of easiness and quality output. If you heard of headshot, a plugin from another company thats the closest thing to accurate scan i can think of from photos. headshop from daz is a close second. although you might not get 100 percent similar in the end. there are times the resemlance are pretty close