Mac installation error

Sent the below to Daz 3ds support but after several days with no reply, I'm putting my hope to the forum instead. cheeky

Hello there,

running macOS Catalina v.10.15.7 and have tried to install Daz 3Ds several times with "DazCentral_1.5.0.20_Mac64" without success. Initially it installed the software but with heaps of error warnings; "A valid PostgreSQL CMS connection could not be established.", No Smart Content etc. I uninstalled and tried again - this time installation got stuck at 25%, uninstalled again and when re-opened the installation it started at the previous 25%, even though the previous files would have been deleted after the uninstall action. Figured it was some files left behind, that messed up the new installation. This time I used the "App Cleaner & Uninstaller" to remove the installation, and went into the mac /Library/ and deleted Daz connected files - restated my mac and tried again - this time it went up to 50% and got stuck again. 50% is the level the DazCentral starts at every time now, no matter how I uninstall. Have now used several ways to uninstall; the DazCentral Uninstaller, Several uninstaller apps, Mac's own way etc. for about 30 times over the past couple of days and nothing works. Some of these tries I also used "DAZ3DIM_1.4.0.67_Mac64" with issues as well.

It is annoying that software's are leaving files behind after an uninstallation, because uninstall should mean uninstall, and not a surface uninstall where heaps of hidden files are lingering around - feels very unserious and is troubling since most software's do so.

! However I would like to know how I can completely remove any trace of the software as well as how I can install a functioning copy of it.

Is there a stand-alone Daz 3D installer that I can install the software with, and once working connect it to Daz central? Would have been a better option since searches online is revealing heaps of issues for others trying to install and use the Daz 3D software.

Had Daz 3d installed on another computer years ago and would like to see if it meets my current requirements.

Request;

How can I completely remove any trace of the software?

How can I install a functioning installation of Daz 3d?

Is there a stand-alone Daz 3D installer that I can install the software with, and once working connect it to Daz central?

Thank you

Cheers Jen smiley

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,860

"A valid PostgreSQL CMS connection could not be established."
    This is the issue here, which has to do with macOS 10.15.3+ and changes Apple did to the default priveligies  for folders under ~/Library.  I made a little applescript hack that udually solves this issue, you can find it here. (DAZ Studio CMS Fix for macOS Catalina).

When it comes to installations, I do recommend using DIM over DAZ Central as it give you a little more control. Stand alone installers usually has even more issues whe  it comes to the CMS and DS.

Apple has not made it easy for developers lately.

If you want to remove, you should also delete the ~/Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D/ folder as well. not only /Applications/DAZ 3D/.

• j.elj.el Posts: 0

Totte said:

"A valid PostgreSQL CMS connection could not be established."
    This is the issue here, which has to do with macOS 10.15.3+ and changes Apple did to the default priveligies  for folders under ~/Library.  I made a little applescript hack that udually solves this issue, you can find it here. (DAZ Studio CMS Fix for macOS Catalina).

When it comes to installations, I do recommend using DIM over DAZ Central as it give you a little more control. Stand alone installers usually has even more issues whe  it comes to the CMS and DS.

Apple has not made it easy for developers lately.

If you want to remove, you should also delete the ~/Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D/ folder as well. not only /Applications/DAZ 3D/.

TOTTE, YOU ARE AMAZING!!! laugh  Not sure if it was your script or if you sent me an outstanding good luck-spell, but it worked. JK with the spell-thingy, Your script did the trick! 

Used DIM to install and also used the recommended script and it worked as a charm!

Probably wasn't to clear previous regarding what I deleted, but deleted any Daz association in /Library/Preferences/ - /Library/Application Support/ - /Library/Caches/ every time, so the only difference on this installation was your script; DAZ Studio CMS Fix for macOS Catalina.

Also found your RendoInstall-2.0 and it is awesome!

Can't thank you enough! Now I'm off to see what else I can mess up in my re-learning/re-training exploration. lol

Have done a whole clothing collection in Clo and Marvelous that I want to be able to display in a cool way, and with your help I'm heaps closer to get there. wink

Thank You

Cheers Jen

ps. Totte? Kan du vara Svensk, måntro? Isådana fall, tack så otroligt mycket för din hjälp! ds

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,860

ps. Totte? Kan du vara Svensk, måntro? Isådana fall, tack så otroligt mycket för din hjälp! ds

Jajamensan, Svensk, bor mellan Fjollträsk och Arlanda !

Great it worked for you. RendoInstall was once developed because I have a friend who was constantly trashing his Library failing to install stuff from other stores, so built because I got fed up spending hours sorting out his data over and over. 

You are making clothes with Marvelous Designer? Then you should love the product that is soon coming to the store, "three click" body/shape morph creations for clothes.
    Gonna make a commercial thread for that soon, just been through QA.

Lycka till!

• j.elj.el Posts: 0

You are making clothes with Marvelous Designer? Then you should love the product that is soon coming to the store, "three click" body/shape morph creations for clothes.

That product sounds interesting, will keep my eyes open for that one. 

My project is for real life clothing and interiors, but will most likely make them available in 3D as well

Kommer själv från Västkusten, eller jag kanske ska säga Bästkusten..."wink"...haha. Bor sen länge tillbaka i Sydney, planerade att flytta hemöver igen...men så kom Covid...så, ja, vi får se när det nu blir. 

Thanks again for assistance, have not yet heard from Daz support so would still have been stuck. Tack så hjärtligt!