Pre-sale Genesis Supersuit

KimberSueKimberSue Posts: 353
edited December 1969 in New Users

I have been considering buying the Genesis Supersuit however I assume but felt it was worth asking. Does it only make super hero type of clothing? All the picture I seen

Thanks

Comments

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

KimberSue said:
    I have been considering buying the Genesis Supersuit however I assume but felt it was worth asking. Does it only make super hero type of clothing? All the picture I seen

Thanks

No, that's not all it can do, although to an extent this depends on whether you buy just the base suit or get additional sets for it too. I have just the base supersuit, but I like it so much I may just buy the pro bundle or even the pro suite the next time they are discounted. Most of the presets that come with the base suit are superhero-type, but two are fantasy (like suits of armor) and two are sci-fi (kind of robotic-looking). It's good for armor: medieval/fantasy armor, sci-fi body armor, and probably even stuff like padded sports uniforms. You can also customize it to look like "regular" clothes such as sweaters, jeans, etc...it comes with morph presets for these, but not appropriate textures. However, you can use any shaders (like the Fabricator) you might have on the Supersuit, and you can use the shaders that come with the Supersuit on any other clothing items, or non-clothing items for that matter--that's one of the best things about it. It's a really cool set, even if you're not planning to do superhero renders.
  • KimberSueKimberSue Posts: 353
    edited December 1969

KimberSue said:

Thanks

No, that's not all it can do, although to an extent this depends on whether you buy just the base suit or get additional sets for it too. I have just the base supersuit, but I like it so much I may just buy the pro bundle or even the pro suite the next time they are discounted. Most of the presets that come with the base suit are superhero-type, but two are fantasy (like suits of armor) and two are sci-fi (kind of robotic-looking). It's good for armor: medieval/fantasy armor, sci-fi body armor, and probably even stuff like padded sports uniforms. You can also customize it to look like "regular" clothes such as sweaters, jeans, etc...it comes with morph presets for these, but not appropriate textures. However, you can use any shaders (like the Fabricator) you might have on the Supersuit, and you can use the shaders that come with the Supersuit on any other clothing items, or non-clothing items for that matter--that's one of the best things about it. It's a really cool set, even if you're not planning to do superhero renders.

But if I make textures for clothes such as sweaters, jeans, etc… another person who went to use the textures I made for regular clothing would also have to own the get additional sets. Just checking I understand this correctly. My small business is hurting right now and I am looking for another source of income. I am trying to cover all my base on several different ideas I have (both 3d and non 3d) before before spending money on what ever project I decide to go with.

Thanks for your great input.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

I'm going to let someone else who is more of an expert on textures and shaders answer that...I could attempt an answer but I'm not too knowledgeable about that stuff and would probably get something wrong. :) Good luck coming up with a project--I do think there would be a market for Supersuit add-ons, but that's just my opinion...I don't have any special insight about that.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

If you made new textures, all they would need would be the Supersuit and your new textures with all the settings you used in the Supersuit. Just a Shaping File to put your design/layout on the Supersuit so the textures you made match. A Shape Preset, just like the presets that come with all the Supersuit sets.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Thanks the helps a lot.

edited July 2012

Am I missing something or is there no clothing template to work with on the Genesis Supersuit? For my purpose I need some kind of template to work with. Plus I can't figure out which product to buy to get the supersuit with morphs without all these extra clothing I will never use.

Post edited by KimberSue on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,395
    edited December 1969

The templates were up at one time but I'm suspecting that with one of the updates they were removed by accident. We have notified DAZ of this issue for them to look into. Some thing still do have them but some don't so we don't quite know whats going on with them.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    The templates were up at one time but I'm suspecting that with one of the updates they were removed by accident. We have notified DAZ of this issue for them to look into. Some thing still do have them but some don't so we don't quite know whats going on with them.

I was going to wait till Monday and call DAZ to ask but maybe you can help me. I want to buy the supersuit with all the available morph so I can make basic clothing beyond superhero. So, does this package have all the morphs or do I need to buy another package or something to do with this?

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/genesis-supersuit/ or do I need to buy the pro http://www.daz3d.com/shop/supersuit-pro-suite/

Thanks

edited December 1969

All the Supersuits Morphs are built into the suit. The extra sets give you extra presets and shaders.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,395
    edited December 1969

Yep, what Jaderail said

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    All the Supersuits Morphs are built into the suit. The extra sets give you extra presets and shaders.

Thanks for everyone's help. I bought the suite, now to see if I can do what I want with it.

edited December 1969

Hi, I got the 4 supersuit bmp textures but can't figure out where to put jpg's after I made them in the DAZ surface section. Any thoughts?

Thanks

edited December 1969

Could you post a 800x800 example of one? I might be able to help if I had an idea of your work.

edited August 2012

Jaderail said:
    Could you post a 800x800 example of one? I might be able to help if I had an idea of your work.

Here is what I have. Thanks, for the life of me no matter what I try, I can't get them in surface correctly. BTW these are not official templates, they are ones I got from DAZ support help desk.

4_Supersuit_template.jpg
    800 x 800 - 414K
    3_Supersuit_template.jpg
    800 x 800 - 373K
    2_Supersuit_template.jpg
    800 x 800 - 306K
    1_Supersuit_template_(1).jpg
    800 x 800 - 280K
    Post edited by KimberSue on
    edited August 2012

They sure look like the proper templates. This is what I know about texture templates, I hope this helps. Each one has a name for the file and covers several surfaces on the item. Lets take the face as an example. To get it to load properly you will need to select EACH surface that the Face part is designed for that means every little surface the texture has. The face has many surfaces and you need ALL of them selected. Then in the Surfaces tab in the Diffuse section you pic the Texture file by name. It should then load and map properly to the suit.

I do not see one for the Feet. Did you get that one also? I'm going to try to do a demo of what I mean about applying them. Would you like me to do that for you?

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

I found the easiest way to add textures to the basic supersuit was by making shaders. It was a lot easier than trying to apply textures using the mesh.

I have made a set of textures to turn the suit into tights on shareCG.

http://www.ShareCG.com/v/63382/view/7/Material-and-Shader/Tights-Textures-for-Genesis-Supersuit

edited August 2012

I went Ahead and Applied the Texture Template to a Supersuit. I had to select all the Proper parts to apply the Texture Template to and then I changed all the colors to white. This is what the template Looks like when applied to the Suit. You now make a copy of your template and add what you want to it as the textures in a 2D art program. Then you load YOUR texture file to the suit and it will have your texture on it.

Template_Applied.png
    800 x 800 - 463K
    edited December 1969

Here is a link to a Texturing a template to be used on and Item. I hope this helps you get started with what you want.

http://chohole.ovbi.org/texture_tutorial.htm

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    They sure look like the proper templates. This is what I know about texture templates, I hope this helps. Each one has a name for the file and covers several surfaces on the item. Lets take the face as an example. To get it to load properly you will need to select EACH surface that the Face part is designed for that means every little surface the texture has. The face has many surfaces and you need ALL of them selected. Then in the Surfaces tab in the Diffuse section you pic the Texture file by name. It should then load and map properly to the suit.

I do not see one for the Feet. Did you get that one also? I'm going to try to do a demo of what I mean about applying them. Would you like me to do that for you?

These four are all I have. As far as the proper templates, I am going by the email I got from daz support.

edited December 1969

wilmap said:
    I found the easiest way to add textures to the basic supersuit was by making shaders. It was a lot easier than trying to apply textures using the mesh.

I have made a set of textures to turn the suit into tights on shareCG.

http://www.ShareCG.com/v/63382/view/7/Material-and-Shader/Tights-Textures-for-Genesis-Supersuit

I have not tried to learn shaders yet but something I need to look into. I follow what you make on ShareCG.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Here is a link to a Texturing a template to be used on and Item. I hope this helps you get started with what you want.

http://chohole.ovbi.org/texture_tutorial.htm

Thanks, I bookmarked the page. The example images are great